Steam downloads!

sc1997

Hey guys, just wondering what Steam Server are you using... I've got fiber (my ISP caps it ar 120Mb down but it's better than my 3 down previously) but the peak download is 6MB, instead of the 10+ it should. I'm currently using US-Miami. Live in Uruguay, SouthAmerica but we have no servers and those in Argentina suck, I get better speeds in the US than there.

What is the best server for you? 

THANKS!!!

I would try a West Coast server. South America is connected to the states on the west side and you might get a better download from there due to the degradation of data over distance (A similar effect is seen in long distance power lines).

Of course this might not help if there is an underwater line running directly from South America-Florida or the Eastern tip of Mexico-Florida.

I don't know where the internet lines have been placed, but try a West Coast server. See if that helps a little.

PC Noise Hater Level = Linus

I would try a West Coast server. South America is connected to the states on the west side and you might get a better download from there due to the degradation of data over distance (A similar effect is seen in long distance power lines).

Of course this might not help if there is an underwater line running directly from South America-Florida or the Eastern tip of Mexico-Florida.

I don't know where the internet lines have been placed, but try a West Coast server. See if that helps a little.

I will report back with results when I can try :) ThANKS!

make sure you don't have a cap on steam

steam>settings>downloads>no limit

and when you installed steam did you choose CABLE/FIBER>10M for your internet connection?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

make sure you don't have a cap on steam

steam>settings>downloads>no limit

and when you installed steam did you choose CABLE/FIBER>10M for your internet connection?

Checked and NO LIMIT. 

Regarding the other thing, I had 512KB/s when I created my Steam account so I didn't select fiber. I was searching and can't find how to change that. Any help?

Checked and NO LIMIT. 

Regarding the other thing, I had 512KB/s when I created my Steam account so I didn't select fiber. I was searching and can't find how to change that. Any help?

reinstall steam and select cable/fiber other than that idk or change your download server to a european one

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ok, sorry for bothering, but it seems my ISP hasn't yet enabled the 120Mb down (it's been a while since it is supposed to be up) and I'm rolling with 50Mb. I'll go to my ISP to tell them and to get it on here. Let you know!!