Common Pc problems?

TheGerman

Since I have never build a Pc I dont know anything abaut the common problems that can happen while/ after building a Pc? So maybe someone could tell me some common errors that happen so I can prepare myself for them? Also I heard a lot of complicated Motherboard stuff when the pc dosent boot up maybe anyone knows what I mean.

Yeah im really new too this

Expect none, and if you get any solve them one by one!

No need to over complicate things.

What @Pearsonia said. Cross those bridges when you get there.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Welcome to the world of troubleshooting. You can never read enough and be prepared for all the problems you will face.

It is all trial and error, and experience.

Well I will give you mine

lack of care installing the CPU i have detroyed a MOBO once because of that

if you are going watercooling make sure to always tighten your fitting during the building and each month during normal use of the computer

Just a black screen while booting because you don't have your RAM in place is pretty common.

Fans spinning at full blast and the PC bluescreening = dying PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

There is a wonderful tool called Google for this.

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Here are the most common I see on the forum.

Q: My PC doesn't do anything when I press the power button, no lights, no fans, no beeps.
A: Flip the switch on the back of the PSU.

Q: Nothing is displaying on my screen, I have very low frame rates even though I bought eight R9 980 Tix3?
A: Monitor was plugged into onboard graphics.

Q: I can't see anything, everything is black! /s
A: Open eyelids.

The most common i see is....

"I need money to buy X!"

Check your wiring, make sure all the parts are able to talk to each other (don't buy a AMD CPU and a Intel based Mobo), don't freak out when the PC doesn't POST the first time, there is always a simple answer.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

If you have even tried working on a computer before, most of the problems you will have already faced.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

yeah you should be fine watch some build logs on you tube and you will be set.

I recommend having an external hard drive on hand just in case you need to back up any important data. 

Always make sure there is enough spare hard drive space for por- videos of a certain taste.

I remember when I first built my PC, I couldn't get passed POST due to me being unaware of the 8-pin CPU connector, took me an hour to figure it out. Now I know, and always check every connection twice.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Always double and triple check the damn front panel connectors xD.

You may also run into an unplugged cpu power connector.

Also make sure you test your PC outside the case to make sure everything works or that at least boots.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Make sure you plug in everything and you will be good to go. Any issues after that, check if everything is secure (had problems with PCI-E slot not being secured). If all have failed, hope you have a bucket of graphics cards because u will have to troubleshoot.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

the problem your'e likely to have is cable management and careless errors ie fans wrong way. if you planned your build right you shouldn't have any problems. 

Put all them thingybobbers in them thingydingers!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

The most common error that can happen is not enough horse power xD. Seriously though building a pc is straight forward, its as easy as building with lego blocks but if you do run into problems google is your best friend or the LTT forums.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz