980 sli with 770

sMiLEy sLOth

Hi awesome people,

Just wanted to know if it's possible to run a gtx 980 in sli with a gtx 770? Amd if it is possible, is it even worth it?

Also, in the future I will be running 2 980's and wanted to know if a 750w psu will be powerful enough to run this? The processor is an i7 4820k. I know it's not a lot on info but it's for a customer who has only given these details and asked if I can do do the job.

Thanks for any help in advance,

sMiLEy sLOth

no

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nope, But you can run the 770 as a dedicated PhysX processor though.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Not in SLI no, you'll need 2 of the same card to do that. But you can use the 980 on a Primary monitor, and the 770 for a secondary monitor.

Or you could use the 770 purely for PhysX or something (I think, correct me if I'm wrong :P)

Thanks all. I thought that was the case but I wanted to make sure.

SLI is picky, It has to be the same GPU and the same amount of Vram for it to work.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Also, in the future I will be running 2 980's and wanted to know if a 750w psu will be powerful enough to run this? The processor is an i7 4820k. I know it's not a lot on info but it's for a customer who has only given these details and asked if I can do do the job.

You would have about 250 watts left, You could have 3 of them and still have about 125 watts left

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer