Linus, why not convince Noctua to do a special BLACK Linus Edition fan?

BoseEinstein

Not only great performing but a great looking fan!

From Noctua's website.....

What does Noctua mean?

"The little owl, Athene noctua, is the symbol of the Greek goddess Athene, who represents wisdom, science and strategy. She has a marked preference for the most clever among the Greek heroes, like Odysseus, who endure their adventures by the use of savvy consideration instead of mere force. Until today, the owl symbolises intelligence and prudence, its manlike face emblematises attentiveness and communication. We from Noctua follow the suit of its calm and accurate observation in the dark, its soundless flight as well as the effective, economical use of its powers and precise attack."

If you can, through some mirracle, diassembly the fan, a short bath of the rim and the blades in graffiti black/blue /red ink will look awsome, the dye will not wear out, nor add weight to the fan, it is a super thin layer, looks great and they run @ 15 $ for 250 ml bottles, i recommend On the run flowpen, Grog buff proof ink, and if you can get some Krink ink, that will be awsome!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I like noctua fans because they are different from the rest. They stand out in your case and don't blend in. If you spent $30 on a fan not blending in is a good thing imo.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Noctua must be losing a lot of potential buyers from people who want decent looking fans. I guess they just hate ricers.

I like noctua fans because they are different from the rest. They stand out in your case and don't blend in. If you spent $30 on a fan not blending in is a good thing imo.
no, i couldn't disagree more, theyre UGLY AS F***, if fans stick out in a nice way like it looks sharp its good but it doesn't look sharp, it looks like poo.

Those who have issues with the colors should literally just get LED strips around the insides of their case. Red LED Strips makes it stunning and amazing. Blue LED strips causes the browns to become black and the beige to become more tinted with blue. It doesn't seem that bad and it definitely isn't noticeable if it's the rear i/o fans or the top fans.

I think it's fantastic the best fans are brown and cream it's hillarious , keep up the good work Noctua love it

Let's hope Noctua never bring out black fans or any other colour !

It's a thing of pure Beauty , pure masterpiece [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2568[/ATTACH]

Until you put it in a computer that has Red, blue, or green lighting.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

When they showed an older fan from Noctua on a livestream, I was like what the hey, that looks normal. Noctua made their colourscheme worse and worse and now we have to live with these CrapOnARecycledPaper looking fans.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

• 2 weeks later...

I dont mind the colors.

Thought m computer is under my desk and is more of performance/silence than sidepanels and leds. I can only see the top fan anyways if i look under my desk, and that keeps reminding mof the 100 euros i spent on them :D

I've always wanted to make a custom, wooden case to put these fans in, with green fluid for a watercooling setup. That's the only context in which they'd look good.

I do find it odd that those goofy Austrians don't think that there might be some demand for their fans in a different color. Oh well, it's their business.

Personally i like the look of them, but they just don't match anything else out there!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

yeah, i love them, in my coolermaster cosmos II tower i only use the noctua NF A140 FLX. normaly i would put in green neon light in the cabinet but i cant because of the dreadful colour combo it would result in..... a dark grey/ black fan in that series would be awesome :D

I wonder if this could possibly be a candidate for a kickstarter. give noctua a 2-8 dollar premium per fan on changing the color for this batch and put it out there and see how many people put up dollars to fund this batch change.

the question is which size do you make it for. I'd guess it would be way to expensive to change colors for multiple sizes.

I love the look as well. At least it's something different.

How about instead of trying to find fans that will suit your build build a computer with brown/cream theme to suit your fans!

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

Guys, its the colour scheme that makes Noctua fans so great! Its a proven scientific fact that cream and brown makes everything look horrible but perform better!

• 2 weeks later...

You tried white lights got to look good with white ?

A while ago I would've just said to get Gentle Typhoons instead, as they are like 10 db at 800 rpm, and black, but scythe doesn't exist anymore. :(