Linus, why not convince Noctua to do a special BLACK Linus Edition fan?

BoseEinstein

Which of the Noctuas should I buy for a corsair h100 or similar CPU cooler.. There's like 10 or more of them.. Are the new ones better? I'm confuzled.

Also .. push or push pull?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I have them, in person, the body of the fan looks a bit white brownish even a little pink.

I don't really mind, with proper lighting you can make them look like a beast. Or you can color them, hid them so only the blades will be visable etc.

Which of the Noctuas should I buy for a corsair h100 or similar CPU cooler.. There's like 10 or more of them.. Are the new ones better? I'm confuzled.

Also .. push or push pull?

Push-Pull will lead to better performance results (several reviewers did tests to figure out how big of a difference it really makes) but Push only will produce quieter results.

Either the NF-P12 or NF-F12 will be good for radiators. The F12 is the strongest performer (from Noctua) for radiators and heatsinks, while the P12 is an all-around good fan for noise, performance, and ventilation. You can always reference Noctua's site, since they show which fans are best for your situation: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=which_fan_is_right_for_me&lng=en

I personally like the Noctua color scheme. Not sure why, though.

Anyway, if you wanted to, you could always dye the fans to change the color. Others have done it and claim there's not an impact to their performance from the dye (in fact, blue noctuas run cooler, red noctuas spin faster, and green noctuas have reduced power consumption!).

I think it's fantastic the best fans are brown and cream it's hillarious , keep up the good work Noctua love it
They look awesome with any Sabertooth themed build.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I like the color scheme too. I've always wanted to do a 70's themed build.

• 2 weeks later...
Scythe still exists outside of North America :)
How about having Noctua do a special Linus Edition in Black? Very much like the way you set up your water cooling method of testing.

Work the deal bringing in NCIX.

All the Best, in your new venture!

I like noctua fans because they are different from the rest. They stand out in your case and don't blend in. If you spent $30 on a fan not blending in is a good thing imo.
Well good for you =) How nice then that you don't have to buy them if you dont want to =P Don't much care about the looks, only the noise, and there is no competition there...

I think it's fantastic the best fans are brown and cream it's hillarious , keep up the good work Noctua love it
Completely agree Col! Nice avatar BTW, tought of that logo myself when i joined the forum, but now i see that it's taken =P

Noctua must be losing a lot of potential buyers from people who want decent looking fans. I guess they just hate ricers.
I will be honest I wont buy them. They may be better than every other fan out there but they are not soo much better that there are not others out there that give similar performance with a billion times better looks. I just bought 2 new silverstone APs. I would have bought noctua's if they did not stick out like a sore thumb. Silverstone got my business instead. Quite honestly the only case I would put Noctua's in is the Corsair C70. Eventually someone is going to blow Noctua out of the water and do it with nice looking fans. They really are flirting with disaster IMO.

if you stare at them long enough....you actually start liking them more. Took me about 6 months.

I'm not joking btw.

but ya....at this point, I would pay EXTRA to keep their color scheme if they all of a sudden caved and started making them black. NFs are just WAYYY too expensive to blend in like any POC stock case fan..

I actually liked the color scheme, but it just didn't fit in the case's color, so I placed them where I don't see them. Accidently touched one of the blades the other day and broke one and contempleted getting a new one to replace it or to go for another fan. Ended up with a more standard colored fan, the Scythe GT AP15.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414