Recommend me a pair of ear buds that don't totally blow for under €30

antoainb

Hi!

I lost my ear bud's piece that goes into your ear (I forgot how it's called) and even though I have extra ones they don't fit me. So I have a €30 budget and I NEED them to be available on amazon.es and be sold by amazon, because I need them by Wednesday and amazon.es ships quite fast. So yeah, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Bonus points if they're under 30 after shipping (€4.5).

i'm a potato

Xiaomi Piston 2's are about 20 euros

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Xiaomi Piston 2's are about 20 euros

the new Xiaomi Pistons but be very careful to get legit one

Can't find them on amazon or local retailers.

i'm a potato

NIUTOP or MegaTek?

Those are battery banks...

i'm a potato

What I might do is get them and if they arrive by Wednesday then perfect and if they don't I'll try to look for replacement buds.

i'm a potato

how about porta pros or even full sized headphones

buds can be tough. if you cant get xiaomi well there is not much balanced frequency response buds out there.

i bought NuForce 600x and i cannot recommend them despite their price.

how about porta pros or even full sized headphones

buds can be tough. if you cant get xiaomi well there is not much balanced frequency response buds out there.

i bought NuForce 600x and i cannot recommend them despite their price.

I'll see, if I can find my lost piece I won't buy anything but if I can't I'll buy the Xiaomi ones. I am going on a field trip Thursday and if I don't have the headphones I'm in for a torturous trip, hence me saying I'd like them to be sold by amazon.es, because that way I was almost guaranteed to get them here by Tuesday. The Xiaomi ones are available on amazon.co.uk and even though they're an Amazon Marketplace product they are shipped by amazon so it's a lot faster. I might buy the Xiaomi's and if I don't get them by Wednesday I'll use some cheapo extra buds I have, they suck and hurt my ears but they are better than nothing; if I get them by Wednesday then better. 

i'm a potato

I'll see, if I can find my lost piece I won't buy anything but if I can't I'll buy the Xiaomi ones. I am going on a field trip Thursday and if I don't have the headphones I'm in for a torturous trip, hence me saying I'd like them to be sold by amazon.es, because that way I was almost guaranteed to get them here by Tuesday. The Xiaomi ones are available on amazon.co.uk and even though they're an Amazon Marketplace product they are shipped by amazon so it's a lot faster. I might buy the Xiaomi's and if I don't get them by Wednesday I'll use some cheapo extra buds I have, they suck and hurt my ears but they are better than nothing; if I get them by Wednesday then better. 

what about portapros? they wont fall off and they dont suck at all.

what about portapros? they wont fall off and they dont suck at all.

I need something that fits in my pocket though.

i'm a potato

Vouching for NuForce NE-600X.

These are actually cheaper than the Piston 2's and they are directly sold by amazon.es, would you go with these over the Xiaomi ones?

i'm a potato

These are actually cheaper than the Piston 2's and they are directly sold by amazon.es, would you go with these over the Xiaomi ones?

I would, they've got good isolation whereas the pistons aren't the best in that regard. Also, I've been hesitant to try a Piston due to the large amount of fakes out there, whereas the NE-600X is so cheap a fake doesn't make sense.

People have complained about the silicone tips being uncomfortable on various sites, but I've experienced them becoming more flexible/pliable over time which improved comfort. I never found them particularly uncomfortable in the first place, however.

I would, they've got good isolation whereas the pistons aren't the best in that regard. Also, I've been hesitant to try a Piston due to the large amount of fakes out there, whereas the NE-600X is so cheap a fake doesn't make sense.

People have complained about the silicone tips being uncomfortable on various sites, but I've experienced them becoming more flexible/pliable over time which improved comfort. I never found them particularly uncomfortable in the first place, however.

Ok, thanks!

i'm a potato

they do hurt quite a bit,  making inside ear sore and i can still feel them pretty well right now

their sound isnt the best imo, a bit too much thump

i found out they cannot even handle some songs ( might do further testing ) like light my fire from the doors

the mids also hide away, the highs are confused

they do hurt quite a bit,  making inside ear sore and i can still feel them pretty well right now

i found out they cannot even handle some songs ( might do further testing ) like light my fire from the doors

In what regard do you consider them uncomfortable? Also, anything should be an improvement over my Sony cheap-o €19 ones. If there is a pair of earbuds with overpowering bass it's these.

i'm a potato

Have you tried smaller tips?

Yes, they do have a ton of bass and recessed mids, so they're not everyone's cup 'o tea. Dunno whatchu mean by "confused" highs - the treble is rather prominent as they have a v-shaped sound signature. I personally like v-curves for portable listening where there's lots of environmental noise noise.

Yes, they do have a ton of bass and recessed mids, so they're not everyone's cup 'o tea. Dunno whatchu mean by "confused" highs - the treble is rather prominent as they have a v-shaped sound signature. I personally like v-curves for portable listening where there's lots of environmental noise noise.

I placed an order on them. I have quite large ears (I prefer M sized tips but I can use L ones just fine) so I don't think I should be too bothered by them.

i'm a potato

I placed an order on them. I have quite large ears (I prefer M sized tips but I can use L ones just fine) so I don't think I should be too bothered by them.

Cool, hope you enjoy them. Let us know what you think after you're tried 'em a bit. :)

small tips fall out so i use medium. the big are just huge, but they do even more bass xD

they cant make a good job in songs where lots is going on or some frequencies you can hear in The doors light my fire song

i wouldnt call them v shaped, i can still EQ highs and i like the clearer sound they produce, but then you get pierced by some instruments. they are definitly not clear out of the box they just have spikes and i hate that

really they do skew sounds. Like In The Summer Time by Jerry where he blows into bowl or clap sounds in the xx intro

and i hate S sounds with them, ugh

Welcome in the Jungle from GunsnRoses<- it cant handle it, just mushes sounds togheter, vocal gets drowned completelly multiple times in song even if its main part of the song and very loud

i am just listening jump from simple plan i can with big certanty say that they are lacking in highs, not clear at all, when i put up volume they still dont sound clear, they sound like you are listening to a tit just hurts my ears from the mess, just listen to the male vocal, it does not sound (a)live at all. its like lisening to a male singer with a tube on your ears

In Rage Against the machine Killing in the Name <- exactly when he says that in beggining of song of you can clearly hear how it cant handle it. it starts popping. Its even worse in Good Vibrations from the Beach Boys

Bohemian Rhapsody also mutilated

Kingston Town from UB40 you get weird highs idk what instrument is that high "ts ts ts", but sounds terribly exaggerated directly in my brain :D

Lemon Tree - Fools Garden oh what a mess in the beggining, it just cuts off instrument in the end

tried it on my phone, on my hdd and on youtube, its all the same

here, i just go trough songs and i immidiatelly spot flaws

people like them because they produce bass, but in reality you would be better off getting flat response buds that dont have such variation in mids and highs.

Can you comfirm some of them if i maybe dont have faulty unit or something?

Look here

I checked with phone, youtube and file, its all the same, it just pops when you hear vocal.

Update: My mom found the tip on my buildings stairwell, must have fallen from the ear buds while I was going up the stairs. Since I am (kinda) happy with the ones I currently have I decided not to get the NE-600X's since I'd rather just either save my money or get better ones when I have more to spend. Amazon was still prepping the item for shipping so canceling the order was pretty easy. 

i'm a potato

Update: My mom found the tip on my buildings stairwell, must have fallen from the ear buds while I was going up the stairs. Since I am (kinda) happy with the ones I currently have I decided not to get the NE-600X's since I'd rather just either save my money or get better ones when I have more to spend. Amazon was still prepping the item for shipping so canceling the order was pretty easy. 

I never read the OP, but you only needed silicone tips? You can simply buy replacements on Amazon if you lose them again.  :P

Just try to match the inside diameter as best as possible - too big and it'll fall off, too small and you can't put it on.