Program for 3D modelling (Beginner)

Winther

Hey!

Any suggestions for a beginner with 3D modeling?

I played around with Google SketchUp a little while back, it is really easy to get to know, but I find it somewhat buggy, when medelling a computer with hardware, I tried to insert the Rampage IV extreme en there from Googles database, but I couldnt get it in the comepletly right position.. :/

Are there other noob friendly programs, CAD is "too pro" right?

(Comming soon)

Blender is a popular choice (free and has all features from pro level to noob) it isn't as simple as others though so I would sugest getting blender and putting some time into figuring it out and then you can make some really nice models  

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Cinema 4D?

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

3ds max is also a pretty popular one for 3d modeling and animation. If you are a student, you can even get a free version of it. 

I suggest cinema 4D, i think its the best option for a beginner. 

I am using cinema 4D and i love it. Easy interface, lots of tutorials out there, etc 

It really depends for what reason you want to learn it. Having studied and currently working in the animation industry my suggestion is:

Maya - for film industry, tv ads, some vfx and games

3dsMax - for arch viz, product design, some game studios

Blender - for personal hobby use if you don't like using cracked software or if you want to support the Blender community

Houdini/Realwave etc - for vfx

This is just my opinion but as far as industry standards and actually having an applicable skill set that you can use in the future these are my recommendations.  :)

I'm getting a 3d printer soon and I've mainly been using sketchup.

A few other free programs i've used/looked into

blender

freecad

openscad

inventor123d

i know rhino and autodesk inventor/solidworks have plenty of features but are vastly out of my price range at the moment.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

3ds max is also a pretty popular one for 3d modeling and animation. If you are a student, you can even get a free version of it.

I concur with this. And as an added benefit, the guys from node are doing a tutorial thing using that same program