GTX 700 Showdown!

Hey everyone!

I'm building a system and i really like the new generation cards, question is which one?

I figured on either on two 760s in SLI, a single 770 or 780.

I want to know what will really be good?

NOTE THIS:

The 780 and 770 would be MSI Lightnings. The 760 is to be MSI Gaming Edition, EVGA base blower fan, or Galaxy. So i would really like

some support on which to pick. I do know that MSI has great overclocking potential. 

Games to be played:

• Planetside 2
  • Arma series
  • Call of Duty 4,5,6
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Half Life Series
  • Portal
  • Watch Dogs
  • Titanfall
  • Destiny
  • Battlefield 3 and 4

Hope the community can help me out!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Single 780.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would personally go with the 780 because I would rather use one good single card. If you don't mind having an SLI config, then the two 760s will give you the most overall power.

In terms of power the gtx 760 in sli is the most powerful. I would get the gtx 780 though as it is a single card.

In terms of power the gtx 760 in sli is the most powerful. I would get the gtx 780 though as it is a single card.

Yes I do understand that SLI has driver problems and sometimes consume more overall power. However even though this is a factor, do you believe that the 760 could out preform in games than the other cards?

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Yes I do understand that SLI has driver problems and sometimes consume more overall power. However even though this is a factor, do you believe that the 760 could out preform in games than the other cards?

Yes, but if the game doesn't support SLI too well, you will run into issues like frame rate. In order to compensate for that, you will need to create a profile for the game, and run the game in Single GPU mode.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

When they scale correctly then yes they will out perform the other cards, If they scale correctly.

Yes, but if the game doesn't support SLI too well, you will run into issues like frame rate. In order to compensate for that, you will need to create a profile for the game, and run the game in Single GPU mode.

How effective would be single GPU cards now? 770 v 780? I would like to purchase Lightning edition and 780 LE will come out soon according to MSI. Should I wait for such card?

How effective would be single GPU cards now? 770 v 780? I would like to purchase Lightning edition and 780 LE will come out soon according to MSI. Should I wait for such card?

What is the LE version supposed to be versus other MSI cards?

What is the LE version supposed to be versus other MSI cards?

Higher Overvolting capability, better voltage and clock stabability, and Twin Forzr V will be introduced

1 4gb 770

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

When they scale correctly then yes they will out perform the other cards, If they scale correctly.

Scale correctly? Even with the same card?

Scale correctly? Even with the same card?

Games must support multi-GPU configs properly in order for performance to scale all the way(or further)

Higher Overvolting capability, better voltage and clock stabability, and Twin Forzr V will be introduced

If you want it, then wait for it.

Think of it this way. If you can afford one 780 or 770 now, get it and SLI later for even more performance rather than getting two less powerful cards. 

Always keep the long-term in mind.

<< Yo buddy, still posting? >>

INTEL I7-3770K @ 4.5 GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780 ACX 

F-15C EAGLE | ADFX-02 MORGAN