Windows 10?

svance76

Does anyone have any news on Windows 10? I heard it was going to be free for 1 year, is a subscription service to follow the 1 free yr. Will any of you go from 7,8,8.1 to 10? Looking for opinions and actual fact on windows 10. Thanks guys.

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, ASRock 990FX Killer, 16GBs Memory @2133, 2 MSI R9 270x's in Crossfire, NZXT Kraken X41 Cooler, Samsung 850 pro SSD, 1 TB HDD, EVGA Supernova NEX 650 G, and with 4 other fans.

The upgrade is free for 1 year, then the free upgrade will go away and anyone who didn't get it will have to pay.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Free for one year for 7 and 8 users, then you have to pay.

Everybody who upgrades in the 1st year gets it for free however they do plan to update it more frequently than before. Shouldn't be an issue though.

no its free forever if you update within the first year of windows 10, once you have it, its a valid license until the end of times 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

no its free forever if you update within the first year of windows 10, once you have it, its a valid license until the end of times 

Yes, as I said. My point is AFTER a year you HAVE to pay. Not that you can't before a year.

Yes, as I said. My point is AFTER a year you HAVE to pay. Not that you can't before a year.

ah sorry, i just read it like it was free for a year then pay to keep using it 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

ah sorry, i just read it like it was free for a year then pay to keep using it 

Everybody who upgrades in the 1st year gets it for free however they do plan to update it more frequently than before. Shouldn't be an issue though.

The upgrade is free for 1 year, then the free upgrade will go away and anyone who didn't get it will have to pay.

Even though this topic is old news I thank everyone who replied, thanks.

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, ASRock 990FX Killer, 16GBs Memory @2133, 2 MSI R9 270x's in Crossfire, NZXT Kraken X41 Cooler, Samsung 850 pro SSD, 1 TB HDD, EVGA Supernova NEX 650 G, and with 4 other fans.

Does anyone have any news on Windows 10? I heard it was going to be free for 1 year, is a subscription service to follow the 1 free yr. Will any of you go from 7,8,8.1 to 10? Looking for opinions and actual fact on windows 10. Thanks guys.

Subscription is a rumour because MS trademarked "Windows 365". Its suppose d to be for businesses. Nothing is confirmed, don't spread false info on subscription service for OS please.

As of now I surely want it. If it goes subscription (in worst case scenario) I might hold back depending on the cost.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

By "go away" do you mean it deactivates rendering PC unusable?

By "go away" do you mean it deactivates rendering PC unusable?

No, just the free upgrade goes away. Any who got it will be fine, however after that no one else will be able to activate it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.