Require help picking dac/amp or Soundcard

Lionstout

Hi! So recently just build a computer and have an Asus z97 pro motherboard.  I own a pair of Tiamat 2.2 headphones that are roughly around the $100.00 mark. They were made for bass, but still a gaming headset. I own a DSS from years ago which is a DAC/AMp sort of combo I suppose.

I really like bass, and when im playing games or listening to music, I prefer that movie theater type feel/sound.  Really like BASS (can't emphasize this enough) but don't want to buy a cheap Bass amp/dac/soundcard that slaughters the quality to a point where its overkill. So I recently just ran out and bought a ZxR soundcard and slapped it into my computer.  The clarity and sound is great, but I am most likely going to have to return it, as I think it far surpasses my uses for it, and the Bass isn't exactly where I want it.

So now I am trying to figure out what to buy that will suit my needs.  I am at a crossroads. My DSS is not good enough for my needs in a DAC/Amp.  My soundcard is great quality but doesn't suit my Bass needs.  My headset seems to have the capability of projecting decent bass, but not sure what to upgrade first. so....

My ideal situation is feeling like I have woofers on my head but still able to hear decent quality sound. I want explosions to rumble, bass beats to hit hard just can't seem to find a perfect median because I am really new at this.

Will be using for Gaming/Movies/Music (that is more inclined to bass, like techno,rap, dance)

What I have been looking at? Post other suggestions please if there are better choices out there!
E09k or E10K

Soundcards?

Audigy maybe combined with the 3rd party kx audio driver?

headphones?

600 ohm? would that make a difference or am I throwing money, in terms of what I am looking for. 

Adding a soundcard or amp isn't going to increase bass.

If you want more, use EQ or get a real headphone that can produce real bass cleanly.

If you want big bass, then nothing beats an actual subwoofer... headphones just don't cut it.

Hmm. Ok so possibly upgrading my headphones then? The thing is when I plug the DSS into my computer and up the base and volume, that amplification really improves the Bass I am looking for. So if I invest in lets say 600ohm headphones I will reach what I am looking for? Sorry I know this is silly I just am confused because of all the stuff im reading on the internet plus my own experiences. But if its headphones I really need I would be happy to invest in that

Yah scepsis I really wish I could honestly just my current living situation I would drive everyone crazy haha

Yah scepsis I really wish I could honestly just my current living situation I would drive everyone crazy haha

I have a 10in. sub from Presonus that knocks shit off my walls and desk and pisses off everyone I live with. :D

As a fellow basshead, I'd have to recommend, as @SSL said, learning how to EQ to your needs.

The Razer Tiamats are shit. (I had a pair that never worked right from the get go and then died a week later) Check out some basshead-oriented headphone reviews and see what suits your fancy.

Using the bass boost on the DSS is using EQ. So if you feel that your Tiamat lacks bass with your current setup than you need to use EQ or you need to get new headphones. You should try EQ first as thats free.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

A higher impedance also won't affect bass.

There are a lot of bassy cans out there. If you throw out a budget people can recommend some.

Ahh ok wow you guys are awesome, I feel so dumb that I could be EQ'ing myself and not pay $70 dollars for a box to EQ for me.

As for headphone budget, lets say $100-250

Look for closed-back cans. They provide better bass response.

ahh ok. yeah im thinking that ill just have to buy a mic separate for voice chat, because it seems the sacrifice is too great when they are paired, in terms of what I am seeking. So ill just look for straight headphones closed backs.

Ahh ok wow you guys are awesome, I feel so dumb that I could be EQ'ing myself and not pay $70 dollars for a box to EQ for me.

As for headphone budget, lets say $100-250

Check out the Beyerdynamic Custom one Pros; adjustable bass port on those. Or modded fostex T50RP from Mayflower electronics.

Whatever you do, make sure you play around with EQ first. You may find that you can get what you want without spending money.

Wow those Beyerdynamics look sick, I like the features very good recommendation really appreciate it. And yeah I need to take this soundcard out later today and ill mess with EQ's. But the better gear probably wont hurt.

@Lionstout

Internal soundcards tend to suck. I have a Sound Blaster Z and it picks up so much noise from my system that I can only use the TOSLink optical ports on it.

@Scepsis
Yah I was just on the fence and a microcenter was nearby, so I was like hey I have a credit card, can't go wrong with a $200.00 soundcard right? But then once I realized sound is a far more complicated than a price tag, I came here to seek out help from you guys.

hmm. Yeah I just saw a review on those and it sounds exactly what I am looking for. Pricy for sure, but I suppose the one time price is worth the joy id receive over the next few years.

hmm. Yeah I just saw a review on those and it sounds exactly what I am looking for. Pricy for sure, but I suppose the one time price is worth the joy id receive over the next few years.

Yeah I owned one of those previously and they were great. Although I bought it before the price went up which I believe was because the stock Fostex headphones went up in price because of the popularity of the modded ones. 

Ahh. Damnit oh well I think I am going to go with the V3's. The Custom One Pro's look pretty good as well, but seems the Fostex is probly exactly what I am looking for.  Bass lovers delight.