Blue yeti annoying background sound

Testcatt

Hey guys, i recently bought the Blue Yeti microphone, when i record with it using audacity i hear this bad eeeeccchhh sound in the background. Is anyone else having this issue and have a solution?

This is the sound  test blue.wav

test blue.wav

You have to use the Noise Removal Effect. Leave a few seconds blank at the beginning of the recording and highlight it. Go to Effect > Noise Removal and click "Get Noise Profile" then select the whole track and reopen Noise Removal.

Change Noise Reduction to 12.

Sensitivity to 0.00

Frequency Smoothing to 180.

and Attack/Delay to 0.20.

See if that removes it, if you don't like how it sounds play with the sliders until it sounds best.

Hey guys, i recently bought the Blue Yeti microphone, when i record with it using audacity i hear this bad eeeeccchhh sound in the background. Is anyone else having this issue and have a solution?

This is the sound  attachicon.giftest blue.wav

I don't hear any loud sounds off of that file, just par for the course with background hiss. 

You can turn down the gain on the mic, which should help out a lot.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

You have to use the Noise Removal Effect. Leave a few seconds blank at the beginning of the recording and highlight it. Go to Effect > Noise Removal and click "Get Noise Profile" then select the whole track and reopen Noise Removal.

Change Noise Reduction to 12.

Sensitivity to 0.00

Frequency Smoothing to 180.

and Attack/Delay to 0.20.

See if that removes it, if you don't like how it sounds play with the sliders until it sounds best.

My friends also hear the sound on Mumble,teamspeak and skype. I also hear it when i turn on listen to device.

I don't hear any loud sounds off of that file, just par for the course with background hiss. 

You can turn down the gain on the mic, which should help out a lot.

I have the gain on minimum

I have the gain on minimum

Well as far as removing it in post, here is a pretty decent guide on it:

http://www.makeandbreakeducation.com/audacity-remove-hiss/

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Ahh... that sound. That's an EMI issue with USB, has nothing to do with gain (though that amplifies the issue). This also sometimes affects USB headsets when you move arround the mouse. It's basically a residual coilwhine from somewhere in the system that bleeds onto the USB ports. Could be from anywhere in the system.

Is your PC on a grounded power-socket? You might need some type of Ground Loop Isolator to fix it.

Ahh... that sound. That's an EMI issue with USB, has nothing to do with gain (though that amplifies the issue). This also sometimes affects USB headsets when you move arround the mouse. It's basically a type of coilwhine iirc.

Is your PC on a grounded power-socket?

Uh not sure don't know much about power, it's connected into the wall

Ahh... that sound. That's an EMI issue with USB, has nothing to do with gain (though that amplifies the issue). This also sometimes affects USB headsets when you move arround the mouse. It's basically a type of coilwhine iirc.

Is your PC on a grounded power-socket?

Should i connect it into my multi-power socket thing? (Sorry don't know the english word lol)

Should i connect it into my multi-power socket thing? (Sorry don't know the english word lol)

No, a power strip won't help in that case. As stated, USB tends to have some electric properties that may make it an issue. If you're that concerned, move to an XLR mic and dedicated audio interface.

No it has to be a grounded socket. You have two pins for the voltage and a third for ground. Both the wallsocket and power strip (the word you were looking for) have to have this ground.

If not, you need to create some groundloop isolator. Or move away from USB and onto XLR + Capture Card.

No it has to be a grounded socket. You have two pins for the voltage and a third for ground. Both the wallsocket and power strip (the word you were looking for) have to have this ground.

If not, you need to create some groundloop isolator. Or move away from USB and onto XLR + Capture Card.

I would love to move to XLR but in my country XLR equipment is super expensive.

I have the same thing with my Corsair 1500v2. If my mic is activated (by a game or teamspeak) I hear it through the headset, otherwise its not present. Using the inline mute button makes it slightly louder as well.

I would love to know how to fix this.

PC Noise Hater Level = Linus