Asus GTX970 Fan and Load @100%

paulthephil

Good evening,

this is going to be my first post in this section so please don´t be to harsh :)

So since this afternoon my Strix 970 gets extremely hot while playing BF Hardline, yesterday everything was normal but today as soon as I start the game the GPU fans ramp up and after 1s of playing the Card hits 80°C and the fans start spinning insanely loud.

Samething happend while running Unigine Valley and Unigine Heaven.

I didn´t change anything on the card, it is running the standard clock speed and till yesterday everything seemed fine.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Paul

what are your temps and GPU usage when youre not playing any games

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what are your temps and GPU usage when youre not playing any games

at idle they are at around 45°C  with the GPU fan running at 8% and all of my system fans running at 1200 rpm in Corsair C70 Case.

Make a custom fan curve, 80ºC is fine if the game is demanding

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Make a custom fan curve, 80ºC is fine if the game is demanding

but why was the GPU cool and quiet yesterday and now it is loud and hot?