Looking for microphone alternatives

PetterNR

So my g930 is kinda broken (much ado about plastic). I can still use the microphone, so im pretty much wearing it as a necklace and i've gotten used to NOT wearing headphones.

SOoo i guess im looking for alternatives to headsets, or a headset with cheap-o audio and a decent microphone or maybe a good directional tablemic? I'm on skype alot and have gotten harassed for some attempts at cheap tablemics and cheap, more "wearable", headsets.

So my g930 is kinda broken (much ado about plastic). I can still use the microphone, so im pretty much wearing it as a necklace and i've gotten used to NOT wearing headphones.

SOoo i guess im looking for alternatives to headsets, or a headset with cheap-o audio and a decent microphone or maybe a good directional tablemic? I'm on skype alot and have gotten harassed for some attempts at cheap tablemics and cheap, more "wearable", headsets.

So you're looking for a standalone mic?

What is your budget?

AudioTechnica has some good stuff (like the AT2020) and Blue is good too (with the Snowball and Yeti)

It just depends on how much you are willing to spend

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oh yeah sorry, i guess im not really sure of my budget. something around 50 USD would be acceptable.

Since im moving into the unknown when it comes to tablemics and similar items, and i will for all intents and purposes only be using the microphone for skype calls i wouldn't want to spend too much, but not too little either.

(I won't enjoy the quality of the microphone, it's primarily a service to my friends)

Thanks man! This exactly the stuff I'm looking for. Im not to sure about an omnidirectional mic though, wouldnt that pick up a lot of keyboard and speaker noise?