Gigabyte P34w v3

JohnQ

Currently waiting for my Gigabyte P34w v3. Quite worried about the fan noise level. Saw a sneak peak at someone's account on youtube. 

I dont know about you but I couldn't find any 14 inch with an i7 and a 970m. Costed me 1,992 USD though. What are you thoughts about the laptop? I will post pics once the laptop is at my doorstep!

Should've saved up more and bought the GT80 Titan...

Sig under construction.

Get a logitech fan lapdesk or something to keep it cool so the fan doesn't ramp up as much.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Currently waiting for my Gigabyte P34w v3. Quite worried about the fan noise level. Saw a sneak peak at someone's account on youtube. 

I dont know about you but I couldn't find any 14 inch with an i7 and a 970m. Costed me 1,992 USD though. What are you thoughts about the laptop? I will post pics once the laptop is at my doorstep!

It's a fairly nice machine, however good luck with the wifi on it. If you get an issue, don't hesitate to RMA it. It was a known issue at launch and I don't know if it's still there.

Honest curiosity: why would you recommend this? Why do people on this forum recommend this to people who are paying a decent amount of cash for these things? I don't understand.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

It's a fairly nice machine, however good luck with the wifi on it. If you get an issue, don't hesitate to RMA it. It was a known issue at launch and I don't know if it's still there.

Honest curiosity: why would you recommend this? Why do people on this forum recommend this to people who are paying a decent amount of cash for these things? I don't understand.

As much as I hate the term 'futureproofing', you're kinda getting that with the Titan. This laptop will play the latest games maxed out with DSR for years - even if you don't upgrade graphics, which MSI has promised that they'll give you the option of doing for at least 2 generations. In a sense, it's the ultimate laptop, plus a mechanical keyboard. For value to product life, it's probably around the top of the scale.

Sig under construction.

Currently you can't find others

However, the v2 version didn't have loud fans..

I was looking for a more portable solution that I can bring to business meetings and what not. The 'dragon' symbol of MSI I assume would attract people's attentions in meeting rooms haha.

I am also a video/photo editor & a gamer so I appreciate both the i7-4720HQ ( Hyperthread = Faster rendering ) & the 970m. Leaving my home country for 5 months ( work related ) , leaving home my i7-4770K + GTX 760 at home. 

Currently you can't find others

However, the v2 version didn't have loud fans..

Yeah, and really? did you own the v2?

Now you have me worried my brethren  :unsure:  I hope mine is OK. I pre ordered this  :(  haha

Get a logitech fan lapdesk or something to keep it cool so the fan doesn't ramp up as much.

My home country has a tropical climate, so probably ramp up the air conditioning?  :D

As much as I hate the term 'futureproofing', you're kinda getting that with the Titan. This laptop will play the latest games maxed out with DSR for years - even if you don't upgrade graphics, which MSI has promised that they'll give you the option of doing for at least 2 generations. In a sense, it's the ultimate laptop, plus a mechanical keyboard. For value to product life, it's probably around the top of the scale.

Yeah... except that the P377SM-A from Clevo (read: basically my laptop) has socketed (and thus superior) CPUs, the ability to use 2 x 330W power bricks AND the MXM module means if a GPU can fit in the GT80 Titan, it can fit in my laptop... I also have the ability to use a 120Hz 1080p screen on it (further benefitting the 980Ms and later GPUs).

Why would ANYBODY buy a GT80 titan which costs more and has inferior CPUs? This is the part I'm not understanding. Unless of course, the keyboard is that important to the end user.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Now you have me worried my brethren  :unsure:  I hope mine is OK. I pre ordered this  :(  haha

Good luck! From what I read some of them are fine, but there's no way to tell if your machine is good or bad till you get it. It's the same reason I never recommend ASUS models. They have a high chance of being a lemon, and ASUS support is a piece of utter fuckshit, basically.

Good luck! From what I read some of them are fine, but there's no way to tell if your machine is good or bad till you get it. It's the same reason I never recommend ASUS models. They have a high chance of being a lemon, and ASUS support is a piece of utter fuckshit, basically.

Thank you! I live somewhere in South East Asia so it's a messy process to RMA , so I would probably just go Rambo that with an external wifi device eventhough deep inside .... I'm hurt lol

Yeah, and really? did you own the v2?

I did. Under light load it was near to silent. The case did got hot, though. I don't know if they have improved that part.

I liked the machine - solid, good keyboard, good display, good performance, average speakers as in many laptops

you can check this review, but that's an old one

Hi, my machine finally arrived! At first the wifi was wonky but I forgot to turn off the low power output from windows' power management, after disabling that my wifi is smooth.

Here are some photos as promised

35Vm82s.jpg

Hi, my machine finally arrived! At first the wifi was wonky but I forgot to turn off the low power output from windows' power management, after disabling that my wifi is smooth.

Here are some photos as promised

35Vm82s.jpg

kshiH10.jpg