do the hyperx cloud 1 have virtual surround?

MattTheMayor

reason why im asking this is because looking at the reviews on the second version, i see comments saying that the 1's are stereo, and some are virtual surround.

my motherboard is the msi z97 guard pro.

im very confused and if someone could help me, it would be gladly appreciated :)

No, but with headphones you don't need virtual surround. They're fantastic head phones, wearing them right now.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Virtual surround is bad.

The first Clouds are stereo-only, the new ones are stereo with an in-line soundcard that enables "virtual surround". I'm thinking they're the same pair of headphones with the only difference being the in-line soundcard.

Nah, the Cloud 1s don't have the USB controller for virtual surround. Just install something like Razer Surround if you want a similar experience.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Pretty sure you don't need to use the surround sound card with the cloud 2s

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You gotta understand the concept first. Virtual surround IS stereo (2 channels). The very meaning of virtual surround is, in short, 'making 2 channels audio to sound like multi channels audio'. The algorithm itself is usually called HRTF, head related transfer function. A simple example would be, if you're playing an FPS game, and you're facing a character that's speaking/making noise, try to move your view around. If the sound of that character is moving around accordingly, that's virtual surround. Nowadays, EVERY FPS games got their own virtual surround sound machine built-in the game. Usually they're labeled as 'headphone' in their audio setting.

Somic-G5-Black-Digtal-virtual-USB-headse

This is a virtual surround headset, and it's 2 channels. The thing that differentiate it, is that black thingy on the left. That's the audio processor to process stereo channels into virtual surround. In other words, take ANY stereo headphone, add an audio processor like that black thingy, and voila, you got yourself a virtual surround headphone. 

Like said above, any decently new FPS, or even some of other genres, already got virtual surround output built-in. Razer surround is also free to download and use.