Dremel, spray bottle, paint brush application, or frosting for the etched look?

Lachrymal

I have a stencil I've chosen to apply  on the window of a Bitfenix Neos case. What would you suggest I use to etch the window? I have a steady hand and a dremel but zero experience with etching. It would give me the desired effect with lighting though? I understand what I'm posting is by laser. Just wondering what my best options are aside from costly laser service. There's also:

• Spray etching
• Etching with brush application
• Spray frosting
• Frosted decals

Basically something like this:

okEFjR0.jpg

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I don't recommend doing hand dremeling unless you've done a LOT of prectice and you know what you're doing. You'd have better luck using a laser engraver or CNC engraving.

I don't recommend doing hand dremeling unless you've done a LOT of prectice and you know what you're doing. You'd have better luck using a laser engraver or CNC engraving.

Yes, I was afraid I may be opening a can of worms the instance I put the dremel to the window. Do you have any idea how much a local engraving service would charge me or know anything about chemical etching?

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I have a stencil I've chosen to apply  on the window of a Bitfenix Neos case. What would you suggest I use to etch the window? I have a steady hand and a dremel but zero experience with etching. It would give me the desired effect with lighting though? I understand what I'm posting is by laser. Just wondering what my best options are aside from costly laser service. There's also:

• Spray etching

• Etching with brush application

• Spray frosting

• Frosted decals

Basically something like this:

-PIC-

That's a lot of dremeling since you will need to go over all those frosted areas by filling in those areas and to etch it evenly to get a good consistent look. It would be more efficient to get a frosted window film cut and applied to the window.

You will not get that sort of even frosted appearance using a dremel, not and have clean edges.  

Etching cream with a vinyl stencil would be your better permanent option - but still will need some practice to refine your technique.

A pre-cut film application is foolproof and can also be changed later if you want a different look.  Although it will never look like a real etch job.