Linus review on Raspberry Pi 2?

Meawa

Recently the Raspberry pi has been upgraded to a quad core CPU @900 mhz and 1 gb of ram, and its still at $35 dollars. It would be nice if linus can do a review on it. @LinusTech @Slick

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

I may be right in saying that it's not really his area of expertise. The Pi is for people who code and build bots and stuff, people more like Barnacules Nerdgasm and Wendell from TekSyndicate.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I may be right in saying that it's not really his area of expertise. The Pi is for people who code and build bots and stuff, people more like Barnacules Nerdgasm and Wendell from TekSyndicate.

maybe I should review it lol

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

If he showed it doing something cool it wouldn't be a half bad episode.  Maybe a Slick toy? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Maybe @Slick should do it since he likes to play around with linux distros. I don't really see Linus sitting using terminal and tinkering around with the distros.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

you have a point lol

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

No, Linus doesn't know anything technical other than things that come out of the box. Slick also only does things that come out of a box, which why the Linus Media Group site is a template and the forum uses IP Board.

All of you guys talking trash on Linus and them...sure they probably aren't experts in programming or Raspberry Pi projects, but I'm sure they are smart enough to find something creative to do for an episode that would be interesting..

Anyways I would like to see this. I didn't have the first Pi but I'm getting this one for sure, just debating if I'm going to wait till it's on Amazon or not.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Weren't w10 free with the new raspberry? If that is the case it would be nice to see how it stacks up compared to NUC when the raspberry is so much cheaper

Weren't w10 free with the new raspberry? If that is the case it would be nice to see how it stacks up compared to NUC when the raspberry is so much cheaper

Windows 10 is only compatible in the raspberry pi through command line, hell even the orginal Raspberry Pi could barely run a shell which lagged and becomes unresponsive.

The Raspberry Pi is more for electronics enthusiasts not really PC enthusiasts...

No, Linus doesn't know anything technical other than things that come out of the box. Slick also only does things that come out of a box, which why the Linus Media Group site is a template and the forum uses IP Board.

I honestly don't know what to say to this.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I honestly don't know what to say to this.

Are you serious everything they do is pre compiled/built and the mess it up every week, the show that do every week constantly plays the wrong sponsors, muted audio, or not capturing laptop footage.

There is a free W10 version you can dl from microsoft.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

No, this would be better for someone like Barnacules or Wendell.

Are you serious everything they do is pre compiled/built and the mess it up every week, the show that do every week constantly plays the wrong sponsors, muted audio, or not capturing laptop footage.

What is your point, that they have stuff to work on, and why do you have 300 posts on this forums if you think they are so awful?

I don't want to hear that kind of crap from you unless you think you could do it any better than they could. Put your money where your mouth is. They might not be absolute experts in stuff, but they've done a damn good job considering the circumstances.

The website is the way it is because it's economical for a small company like LMG to do it instead of hiring someone to come over and code their website for them. You don't have to have it in I.P. board format.

I think it would be cool to have Linus's take on it, but I do think that someone like Barnacules or Wendell would be better suited for the job of explaining what it is and what it's for. LMG is more geared towards PC gaming enthusiasts and prosumers, whereas Barnacules and Tek Syndicate are very much directed at hardcore computer enthusiasts at a much deeper level than just PCs.

What is your point, that they have stuff to work on, and why do you have 300 posts on this forums if you think they are so awful?

I don't want to hear that kind of crap from you unless you think you could do it any better than they could. Put your money where your mouth is. They might not be absolute experts in stuff, but they've done a damn good job considering the circumstances.

The website is the way it is because it's economical for a small company like LMG to do it instead of hiring someone to come over and code their website for them. You don't have to have it in I.P. board format.

Its so I can spend time with you... Why do you think people become unhappy with Linus huh? Because of his hypocrity pledging that he would not support a sponsor if it wasn't beneficial to his viewers, but FiveFourClub has cause so much unhappy response that he continues to support them and the reason people bash him is that you get a response after 5 years of watching his videos kissing his ass would never receive a response and quickly as bashing him.

Its so I can spend time with you... Why do you think people become unhappy with Linus huh? Because of his hypocrity pledging that he would not support a sponsor if it wasn't beneficial to his viewers, but FiveFourClub has cause so much unhappy response that he continues to support them and the reason people bash him is that you get a response after 5 years of watching his videos kissing his ass would never receive a response and quickly as bashing him.

Who exactly is directly unhappy with Linus? if people were that upset with him, his channel would not be doing so well, and it's getting better every year.

Who exactly is directly unhappy with Linus? if people were that upset with him, his channel would not be doing so well, and it's getting better every year.

Just ignore him. He's one of those people who will pick out the tiniest things and make them seem like a big deal. Not worth your time.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Just ignore him. He's one of those people who will pick out the tiniest things and make them seem like a big deal. Not worth your time.

Too many people like that. I guess it just grinds my gears too much.

I'll go away now :)

Too many people like that. I guess it just grinds my gears too much.

I'll go away now :)

Forum has gone down hill a lot since I came back from my month ban/suspension. A lot more unpleasant people here now.

Forum has gone down hill a lot since I came back from my month ban/suspension. A lot more unpleasant people here now.

It's been a little rough lately, but I've managed to make some friends as well, so it's been okay.

We have a new version of Builder, who I quickly doused with a fire extinguisher after he started absolute shit-talking Tek Syndicate (for reasons conveniently unsupported) and then this other jerkass shows up.

I don't care about people shit talking YouTubers, but I sure as hell am pissed off when they shit talk without backing it up. They just state things and it urrrrrghh, I can't stand it. I have to hose them down.