Is there such thing as an ADSL2+ compatible "enterprise" modem?

Inimigor

I am tired of my Intelbras GKM1220 Freezing here and there... Just want something to work properly for long times without giving me headaches with internet issues related to it...

For a little while i used to have 2 modems and kept swapping between them when one of them started freezing because of heat... but that is surely NOT a proper solution for the issue.

I already put an Enterprise Gigabit Cisco Switch to help with internet issues, it's quite a big house, but within distances for the cables and some cables are old (Cat. 5e) and others are newer (Cat. 6) but all of them are in good condition, the Cat. 5e connected reaching over 200% the rated speeds in some cases and everything is working wonderfully well on the network area of the house...  Except for the modem.

Internal network is as good as it gets for me ATM, but i can't stand the modem issues i'm having lately! I need to restart it every one in a while and sometimes out of nowhere it starts having higher ping until i reset it so it cools down a little

Also i'm using the TP-link TL-WR2543ND and i am thinking about running it on some custom Firmware, I head it supports PFsense, is there any recommendations to it?

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

Not sure about this but would it help if you got some pc fans set up to blow across the modem? You could try it, it would be the cheapest fix.

I am tired of my Intelbras GKM1220 Freezing here and there... Just want something to work properly for long times without giving me headaches with internet issues related to it...

For a little while i used to have 2 modems and kept swapping between them when one of them started freezing because of heat... but that is surely NOT a proper solution for the issue.

I already put an Enterprise Gigabit Cisco Switch to help with internet issues, it's quite a big house, but within distances for the cables and some cables are old (Cat. 5e) and others are newer (Cat. 6) but all of them are in good condition, the Cat. 5e connected reaching over 200% the rated speeds in some cases and everything is working wonderfully well on the network area of the house...  Except for the modem.

Internal network is as good as it gets for me ATM, but i can't stand the modem issues i'm having lately! I need to restart it every one in a while and sometimes out of nowhere it starts having higher ping until i reset it so it cools down a little

Also i'm using the TP-link TL-WR2543ND and i am thinking about running it on some custom Firmware, I head it supports PFsense, is there any recommendations to it?

You could maybe look at using a cisco 1841 with the ADLS2+ WIC card.  easy enought to do if your fimiliar with cisco. I couldnt say about anything else as consumar modems/routers, models is not my strong point.

You could maybe look at using a cisco 1841 with the ADLS2+ WIC card.  easy enought to do if your fimiliar with cisco. I couldnt say about anything else as consumar modems/routers, models is not my strong point.

Will look forward to this! Seems a bit complicated, but I am willing to do it even considering the effort needed. Already have a 6u Rack with some space free, let's put it to use!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |