Portal PC? Just idea, no build

RaXzeD

Has this been done? Think about it. Dual watercooling loops. One orange, one blue, in a white case. It could be kind of like TTL's Orca build, but instead of red accent parts, have the Portal orange and blue colours. The thought just crossed my mind when I watched a modding video on youtube. 

I don't have the money, skill or knowledge to build one, but I just wondered if it was an original idea or not. It would be awesome to see one!

TTL's Orca if you haven't seen it:

final0029_zpse56bd94f.jpg

That would be legen- wait for it- DARY!

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

CustomComputer.jpg

(y)

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

That would be legen- wait for it- DARY!

Haha, agreed! :)

CustomComputer.jpg

(y)

Wow! That looks so awesome! Not what I imagined, I imagined something a bit cleaner, but it's really good looking!

The burnt look of it is particularly sweet, and relevant considering the fate of the companion cube XD

A suggestion: side panels made of Aperture panels. Then throw a blue and orange portal on both side panels, with a window into the internals.

Alternative, instead of both side panels, it could be on one side panel (front side with the components) and top side of the case, since the back side panel shows nasty cables.

Aperture%20logo%20wall.jpg

Similar to that design, or even the moving panels. You could use the hinge mechanism too, to customize the shape of the case. http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/6/69/Aperture_panel_arms.jpg

Intake fans could have the blue/orange portal edges to them. Also, blue/orange LED fans. Aperture logo somewhere on the case (sides, front, etc).

e: I may or may not steal these ideas to use on my own custom case, just for lulz. I've been considering a portal themed case myself, alongside my glass desk concept.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The burnt look of it is particularly sweet, and relevant considering the fate of the companion cube XD

A suggestion: side panels made of Aperture panels. Then through a blue and orange portal on both side panels, with a window into the internals.

Alternative, instead of both side panels, it could be on one side panel (front side with the components) and top side of the case, since the back side panel shows nasty cables.

Aperture%20logo%20wall.jpg

Similar to that design, or even the moving panels. You could use the hinge mechanism too, to customize the shape of the case. http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/6/69/Aperture_panel_arms.jpg

Intake fans could have the blue/orange portal edges to them. Also, blue/orange LED fans. Aperture logo somewhere on the case (sides, front, etc).

e: I may or may not steal these ideas to use on my own custom case, just for lulz. I've been considering a portal themed case myself, alongside my glass desk concept.

There is a lot that could be done. I just love the colour scheme. Blue and orange looks really cool together. I can't get over that pc you sent though. It looks so cool :D

Couple of concept sketches I whipped up. I was bored. XD

post-22251-0-86517400-1372440491_thumb.p

Will probably consider individually cut acrylic panels (painted to look like Aperture walls), and attach them to an aluminum frame of sorts, with the relevant holes cut out for windows/fans. The turret feet for a stand was a spur-of-the-moment idea. GLaDOS on the front was too, but it just felt ... perfect. GLaDOS's eye = power button. Stuck cube will probably be made out of acrylic, painted, then cut in half and glued onto the window'd panels.

Idea for internals: Modified pump to look like a beam-redirecting cube, Reservoir to look like the elevator and tubes/fittings made to look like the Vacuum tubes. Sliding/Moving panel for the motherboard tray with cutout, and perhaps vacuum tubes hidden in discreet parts for wiring. Maybe some globs of blue/orange/white gel on random spots.

Definitely must make it.

Rear I/O panel should be fun.

A simpler Portal themed case: http://www.okaygeek.com/blog/so-this-guy-made-a-portal-2-themed-pc-case-mod.html Could probably use some colour modification, but it's clean.

This isn't my PC, it's the PC of a youtuber I enjoy named PotatoOrgy. He had his NZXT Phantom modded by PCJunkie and this is one the pics he posted.

http://imgur.com/TwGYuY9

I think it's pretty well done, but I personally think the mod posted above ^ is much cooler.

Intel i5 3570K - ASRock Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 8Gb RAM - ASUS GTX 660 Ti - Samsung 840 250Gb SSD (OS-Games) - WD 750Gb HDD (Storage) - Corsair TX650W PSU - Corsair 300R

Couple of concept sketches I whipped up. I was bored. XD

attachicon.gifportal-case.PNG

Will probably consider individually cut acrylic panels (painted to look like Aperture walls), and attach them to an aluminum frame of sorts, with the relevant holes cut out for windows/fans. The turret feet for a stand was a spur-of-the-moment idea. GLaDOS on the front was too, but it just felt ... perfect. GLaDOS's eye = power button. Stuck cube will probably be made out of acrylic, painted, then cut in half and glued onto the window'd panels.

Idea for internals: Modified pump to look like a beam-redirecting cube, Reservoir to look like the elevator and tubes/fittings made to look like the Vacuum tubes. Sliding/Moving panel for the motherboard tray with cutout, and perhaps vacuum tubes hidden in discreet parts for wiring. Maybe some globs of blue/orange/white gel on random spots.

Definitely must make it.

Rear I/O panel should be fun.

A simpler Portal themed case: http://www.okaygeek.com/blog/so-this-guy-made-a-portal-2-themed-pc-case-mod.html Could probably use some colour modification, but it's clean.

Maaaan, that seems so awesome! :D The pump/reservoir ideas. Wow, just awesome! So cool

This isn't my PC, it's the PC of a youtuber I enjoy named PotatoOrgy. He had his NZXT Phantom modded by PCJunkie and this is one the pics he posted.

I think it's pretty well done, but I personally think the mod posted above ^ is much cooler.

I know Potato, didn't know he had an awesome looking pc though! That's kind of what I imagined it would look like. The tubes god, look amazing. And the reservoir. Man! Sweet :D

Look at dat reservoir 0.0

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Look at dat reservoir 0.0

Modified T-virus, I think? I was thinking of that too, instead of the Elevator idea. Though I guess I could modify the T-virus to make it look like an elevator XD 

have never played the game to be honest.. (please dont hit me!) :P

But what about an oval case? one with a orange colored acrylic full cover side window the other with a blue acrylic..? :P hehe, would be super inpractical, but very different..!

(Comming soon)

Modified T-virus, I think? I was thinking of that too, instead of the Elevator idea. Though I guess I could modify the T-virus to make it look like an elevator XD 

A modified modified T-virus? Would be awesome! :D haha

have never played the game to be honest.. (please dont hit me!) :P

But what about an oval case? one with a orange colored acrylic full cover side window the other with a blue acrylic..? :P hehe, would be super inpractical, but very different..!

Haha, I don't know about a completely blue/orange side window, but still, yeah! :D

No worries! I love the cables and fittings! Gash, looks amazing! :D

Hey man, found that reservoir! :D It's not a T-virus, it's from a company called FrozenQ. 

http://frozenqshop.com/products/reservoirs/lf250-23.html

That's the T Virus reservoir. It's made by FrozenQ

Oh, well, I don't know... It's probably a new version of the T-virus, I don't know how things worked back in the day... :P

I just got 2 of those custom ones shipped to me for my build :D cost quite a bit though :(

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CustomComputer.jpg

(y)

Would look a lot better without the cube on top imho.