£700 or 1000 dollas pc for rendering what CPU?

i am going to build a pc for the price range in title and im not to sure what cpu to get im thinking 4690k or should i go for somthing like a xeon which i think is better for rendering?

I would go for Xeon E3 1231 V3. That said.. if you dont plan on using Intel Quick Sync as it lack iGPU.

As @WereCat said, get a xeon E3 1231 v3. Do you have a graphics card to pair with it though? Because many rendering programs support gpu computing and it's faster than cpu rendering.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I use the i7 Devil's Canyon for rendering, I would recommend you get an aftermarket cooler ASAP. With the stock cooler I reached 95c whilst rendering.

so with this the 4690k that is. would this be best for rendering over somthing like a xeon

As @WereCat said, get a xeon E3 1231 v3. Do you have a graphics card to pair with it though? Because many rendering programs support gpu computing and it's faster than cpu rendering.

sorry i didnt see your post but im thinking of a 960 so you think these will pair well?

sorry i didnt see your post but im thinking of a 960 so you think these will pair well?

Eh. The 960 isn't exctly a powerhouse. See if you can muster up enough for an R9 290, it wipes the floor with the 960 and should be around 240$.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Eh. The 960 isn't exctly a powerhouse. See if you can muster up enough for an R9 290, it wipes the floor with the 960 and should be around 240$.

ok sure il look into is. so a E3 1231 and r9 290

it's what I would get ^^ (in fact my own pc is almost the same)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so with this the 4690k that is. would this be best for rendering over somthing like a xeon

Sorry, I probably should have been more clear. The 4690k is the i5 Devil's Canyon, I have the i7 Devil's Canyon so I was just saying that they get super hot with the stock cooler.

The 4690k will be fine for rendering (I used to use an i5-3570k), although a xeon may have shorter render times.

For gaming - yes, but for rendering no. Using Premiere pro and other CUDA cores using programs you will be much better with any GTX graphics card, for example GTX 660/760/960 etc. Premiere pro uses CUDA, so if you are using this program, then Nvdia card is a MUST HAVE. Xeon on the other hand ir great CPU.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10