CM Hyper 212 EVO - are CPU temps good?

I bought a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler.  Just wondering if the temps are good.

The CPU is Intel Core i5 4690K.

I used the thermal paste that came with the cooler.

4 case fans - 2x120mm intake, 2x140mm exaust

The case is Fractal Design ARC Mini R2.

Temps(avg.) : 

Idle: 25C

Gaming: 40C - 50C

Prime95 Stress test (small FFTs, 15min): 70C

I'm guessing this is fine, but I wanna hear your oppinion. So what do you think? 

They're fine

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You might want to consider replacing the thermal compound, buying a motherboard with a better power phase, replacing your case fans, and moving your Computer away from your heat generating monitor... ...If you're worried about getting them lower than that .Your temps are absolutely fine! c:

You might want to consider replacing the thermal compound, buying a motherboard with a better power phase, replacing your case fans, and moving your Computer away from your heat generating monitor... ...If you're worried about getting them lower than that .Your temps are absolutely fine! c:

I just wanted to know if the temps are fine considering the new cooler. Glad they're fine. I'm planning to OC, what are the max temps I sould be going for?

I just wanted to know if the temps are fine considering the new cooler. Glad they're fine. I'm planning to OC, what are the max temps I sould be going for?

Everybody and everything is different, and I am running a different chip than you, from a different manufacturer. I managed a 4ghz OC on my chip at 1.3v, and my temps are the same as yours. (25c idle, 52c~ load.) I would try to keep your game load temps under 65c. Remember that your stress test temps and your game load temps will be different. Check the max temp for your chip, and try to keep it under that during torture tests and you should be fine. A comfortable OC for you I would reckon ot be around 4.2 - 4.3ghz on air. 4ghz should be more than easy enough to do though! Especially since the lower wattage Intel chips generate less heat than the AMD chips ,and I was able to go up to 4.3ghz with mine on air. (Had to back it off for an unrelated issue.)

80 max 90, but prime95 is an assh*le of a program to stress-test... try AIDA64

Other than that, during gaming max 65-70

Everybody and everything is different, and I am running a different chip than you, from a different manufacturer. I managed a 4ghz OC on my chip at 1.3v, and my temps are the same as yours. (25c idle, 52c~ load.) I would try to keep your game load temps under 65c. Remember that your stress test temps and your game load temps will be different. Check the max temp for your chip, and try to keep it under that during torture tests and you should be fine. A comfortable OC for you I would reckon ot be around 4.2 - 4.3ghz on air. 4ghz should be more than easy enough to do though! Especially since the lower wattage Intel chips generate less heat than the AMD chips ,and I was able to go up to 4.3ghz with mine on air. (Had to back it off for an unrelated issue.)

80 max 90, but prime95 is an assh*le of a program to stress-test... try AIDA64

Other than that, during gaming max 65-70

Thanks guys :D

The temps are exactly what you should expect.  That's pretty much how mine runs.  I've overclocked mine slightly to 4.6Ghz and it runs well within those temps.  Could probably OC further but I was lazy and just let AI Suite and the ASUS 5 Way Optimization thing do its work.  I don't really see the need for overclocking it much further.  Highest temp I ever saw was about 80C in a stress test on a really hot summer day with ambient room temps in the high 30s.  I rarely ever see it clock over 70C in my system under normal gaming loads.

Edit: why are you running your 140s as exhaust and your 120s as intake?  That's giving you negative pressure.  :huh:

Nevermind, odd design choice allowing for 140s in the top but not the front.  Might want to chuck an extra 120 as intake in the bottom or rear (with filter) for more airflow and positive pressure.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

make sure when you overclock to check event viewer for WHEA errors. Just because an overclock passes a prime95/aida64 test for a couple hours doesn't mean it is a good stable OC. You can actually lower your performance from a bad OC if you are getting WHEA erros, especially event 19 errors, etc.

Good luck.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

The temps are exactly what you should expect.  That's pretty much how mine runs.  I've overclocked mine slightly to 4.6Ghz and it runs well within those temps.  Could probably OC further but I was lazy and just let AI Suite and the ASUS 5 Way Optimization thing do its work.  I don't really see the need for overclocking it much further.  Highest temp I ever saw was about 80C in a stress test on a really hot summer day with ambient room temps in the high 30s.  I rarely ever see it clock over 70C in my system under normal gaming loads.

Edit: why are you running your 140s as exhaust and your 120s as intake?  That's giving you negative pressure.  :huh:

Nevermind, odd design choice allowing for 140s in the top but not the front.  Might want to chuck an extra 120 as intake in the bottom or rear (with filter) for more airflow and positive pressure.

The top 2x140mm fans are spinning slower then normal - I put those adapters on, so I'm having positive pressure. So you're happy with the overclock that the ASUS 5 Way Optimization did?

Does it give a stable oc or am I better on doing it myself?

The top 2x140mm fans are spinning slower then normal - I put those adapters on, so I'm having positive pressure. So you're happy with the overclock that the ASUS 5 Way Optimization did?

Does it give a stable oc or am I better on doing it myself?

I see.

Pretty happy with it, 100% stable at 4.6Ghz and it managed my default fan curves quite well. During the setup process it did test 4.7 and that seemed fine but crashed when it attempted 4.8.  I could probably manually OC to 4.7 and it would likely be stable, especially if I upgraded to an AIO, but I don't really see how much of a difference that .1 will make unless you do a lot of rendering and stuff like that, which you'd be better off doing with an i7 anyway.  Also I'm lazy and 4.6 is more than enough for gaming.  Personally I wouldn't push an OC higher than that on air anyway.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10;