DayZ Mod, looking for a computer configuration.

Good day/ night,

I've recently started playing DayZ (the Arma 2 OA). I was wondering if any of you guys could offer me a good computer configuration that will be under 1400$ and will run DayZ at more or less 60 FPS.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if more RAM will make a difference in this games performance? 16GB vs 8GB?

Thank you in advance!

Good day/ night,

I've recently started playing DayZ (the Arma 2 OA). I was wondering if any of you guys could offer me a good computer configuration that will be under 1400$ and will run DayZ at more or less 60 FPS.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if more RAM will make a difference in this games performance? 16GB vs 8GB?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forums! Where are you located? That'll help with budget. And generally speaking, 8GB is more than enough for gaming with 16GB being a good option if you have space in your budget.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Welcome to the forums! Where are you located? That'll help with budget. And generally speaking, 8GB is more than enough for gaming with 16GB being a good option if you have space in your budget.

I couldn't live with less then 16GB. I regularily use up 10GBs with no games running. (Major tab fiend here)

Anyways, back to OP

We need a location, resolution and what settings you would like to play at in order to make the optimal system.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm in Canada, let's hope this dosen't limit my possibilities! :)

I couldn't live with less then 16GB. I regularily use up 10GBs with no games running. (Major tab fiend here)

Anyways, back to OP

We need a location, resolution and what settings you would like to play at in order to make the optimal system.

I want to play at max resolution at a 1080x2*** (idk the last tree numbers) wanting to have a easy time spotting people and having my textures turned at least above normal.

I want to play at max resolution at a 1080x2*** (idk the last tree numbers) wanting to have a easy time spotting people and having my textures turned at least above normal.

If you could get the last three numbers, that would help. We still need country (for currency conversion, etc).

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If you could get the last three numbers, that would help. We still need country (for currency conversion, etc).

Ok, let me correct myself, my resolution is 1080x1920 (what I want anyways) Location Canada. And thank you for helping me out! :)

Ok, let me correct myself, my resolution is 1080x1920 (what I want anyways) Location Canada. And thank you for helping me out! :)

Mmmk.

I'll come up with something later. Unless someone beats me to it.

Mmmk.

I'll come up with something later. Unless someone beats me to it.

Sure thing buddy! Thank you for your help!

Sure thing buddy! Thank you for your help!

If you don't like the case you can change it out for one you like

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($214.95 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($132.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.98 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Best Buy)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1282.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-04 21:39 EST-0500

+Windows

60 fps on DayZ? When quantum computers reach that point I'll let you know. Current technology can't cope with the really terrible optimisation of the Arma engine.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Good day/ night,

Thank you in advance!

Nothing will run it at a constant 60, but CPU is extremely important for this game. It only really utilizes one core so you want an intel chip that's overclocked as much as you can push it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

60 fps on DayZ? When quantum computers reach that point I'll let you know. Current technology can't cope with the really terrible optimisation of the Arma engine.

The sad thing is that graphically the optimization is fine... they just won't add any measurable amount of multicore support. The only real problem performance wise is that it only uses one core.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Good day/ night,

Thank you in advance!

What?

You know the arma engine only uses up to 2gb ram and vram

And itll run like crap on any sistem

And i heard somwhere itll run better on older hardware.

And as other people sad it utilizes only 1 core

Also gpu and cpu usage is at about 40%

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you don't like the case you can change it out for one you like PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($214.95 @ SuperBiiz)CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($132.99 @ SuperBiiz)Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.98 @ Newegg)Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.98 @ OutletPC)Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Best Buy)Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ OutletPC)Total: $1282.83Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-04 21:39 EST-0500  +Windows

Alright thank you buddy! Have a nice day!