Background noise on Blue Yeti

BeastChan23

Hey guys, I've been using this microphone for quite a while now and never really had an issue till recently.

I bought a new desk to put most of my displays on my desk and my tower as well.
While putting my microphone in front of me I noticed a buzz in the back ground, raising the microphone from the desk made the noise disappear, so I figured it was my system.
I ended up trying to make my fans quieter and unplugged different hard drives but kept hearing the sound.
The only thing I haven't tried eliminating from the system was my power supply, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, is there anything you guys would suggest to eliminate this issue? At the moment my microphone is about 2 feet away and doesn't pick up the humming noise. I wanted to use a mic arm, but Blue's shock mount is ridiculously expensive, especially considering I bought this mic on craigslist for about $60 (The shock mount is $70)

Thanks for any suggestions!

-snip-

A stand, to get it off your desk.

Take a look at the stuff Rode makes.

(By the way, don't forget to follow your topics)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hey guys, I've been using this microphone for quite a while now and never really had an issue till recently.

I bought a new desk to put most of my displays on my desk and my tower as well.

While putting my microphone in front of me I noticed a buzz in the back ground, raising the microphone from the desk made the noise disappear, so I figured it was my system.

I ended up trying to make my fans quieter and unplugged different hard drives but kept hearing the sound.

The only thing I haven't tried eliminating from the system was my power supply, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, is there anything you guys would suggest to eliminate this issue? At the moment my microphone is about 2 feet away and doesn't pick up the humming noise. I wanted to use a mic arm, but Blue's shock mount is ridiculously expensive, especially considering I bought this mic on craigslist for about $60 (The shock mount is $70)

Thanks for any suggestions!

yes thats definitly vibration noise from either the fans or the harddrives. i had the same with a single fan i ha spinning on the desk to dispears smoke. you need to get your tower off the desk i have mine on a litlle rolling container next to the desk so vibrations dont transmit

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Would a stand without the shock mount be okay? I guess it's doable but spending so much on a proprietary mount that has bad reviews is a bummer.

I bought this desk because I wanted to show off my tower Lol. Oh well, bummer, I'll look into getting an arm, thanks.

I bought this desk because I wanted to show off my tower

No one else will be seeing it.

I frequently have people come over, and also stream and record videos where you can see it on my desk due to the way my webcam is angled.
Sure the easy fix would be to take it off my desk, but I suppose I was looking for a solution around that.

Was thinking about that, most of what I found online was for washing machines. I'm gonna try going to my local MicroCenter and see if they have anything. And maybe get some quieter fans too