[Build Help] AMD CPU for Sapphire R9 280 or 280x

Because you can upgrade to broadwell.

And intel has tons of options.

Im gonna upgrade my i3 to something better on 1150 eventually.

Its still not a pro (nor a con), yes you can upgrade but either get a CPU you can afford and stick with it or wait and buy it at a later date.

No point getting a below the expected gaming experience and there isn't that may upgrade paths tbh (more options tho)

Its still not a pro (nor a con), yes you can upgrade but either get a CPU you can afford and stick with it or wait and buy it at a later date.

No point getting a below the expected gaming experience and there isn't that may upgrade paths tbh (more options tho)

Why isnt it a pro?

I dont have to swap motherboard to buy an i7 and my motherboard was 75 euros.

75 euros in saving , that's a pro for me .

I can get a 4770 or something with the same motherboard.

Why isnt it a pro?

I dont have to swap motherboard to buy an i7 and my motherboard was 75 euros.

75 euros in saving , that's a pro for me .

I can get a 4770 or something with the same motherboard.

But your not really saving anything as you've brought an i3. So rather than buying a mobo + i7, you've going to have spent cash on an i3 + i7 + mobo.

(Not trying to burst you bubble)

But your not really saving anything as you've brought an i3. So rather than buying a mobo + i7, you've going to have spent cash on an i3 + i7 + mobo.

(Not trying to burst you bubble)

Because i didnt have enough money and used a 100 bucks i3 as a stopgap?

Im still saving 75 euros on a motherboard.

Because i didnt have enough money and used a 100 bucks i3 as a stopgap?

Im still saving 75 euros on a motherboard.

Even if you had brought the 4770k to start off with, you could have still used the same board

Even if you had brought the 4770k to start off with, you could have still used the same board

I guess but thats no the point, you can buy a cheap cpu like the pentium K as a stopgap and then later buy a higher end intel cpu.

Many people do that.

Not everyone has money for 4770k+mobo right from the get go.

I guess but thats no the point, you can buy a cheap cpu like the pentium K as a stopgap and then later buy a higher end intel cpu.

Many people do that.

Not everyone has money for 4770k+mobo right from the get go.

But that's not MY point, in many cases an i3 or locked i5 will do the job, an i3 isn't that much of a push from a pentium k price wise and using a pentium k instead of an i7? It's not going to be able to compete.

We shouldn't be suggesting to people to spend cash on a chance to upgrade unless they have no alternative

I would say if your looking for a AMD cpu specifically

the FX-8320 or FX-8350 would be good choices 

In single threaded games an overclocked pentium k will kick the arse off ANY cpu on the market today, but itll suck for heavy rendering/editing/winzip etc, and in cpu heavy tasks that are evenly threaded there should be no difference between a 4430 at £103 and a £170 4690k but which does everyone recommend? " oh but i want to render and need a powerful cpu" in that case spend seeing as you have the money why dont you spend double on the cpu and get a 5820k, its going to perform the same in games but itll blow it into the weeds in anything cpu heavy, you could render and game at the same time and it wont batter an eye.

Tom's Hardware found that even an i3 @ 3.5GHz outperforms the Pentium @ 4.7GHz in World of Warcraft, which is pretty notorious for poor multi-threading. I only recommend Pentiums knowing that it provides an easy upgrade path to i3/i5 without a motherboard swap.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Tom's Hardware found that even an i3 @ 3.5GHz outperforms the Pentium @ 4.7GHz in World of Warcraft, which is pretty notorious for poor multi-threading. I only recommend Pentiums knowing that it provides an easy upgrade path to i3/i5 without a motherboard swap.

Tbh its worth recommending for older games to, new vegas is still playable and that runs a single core constantly at 34% on my 8350 so I can't see why a pentium wouldn't excel there