Beware of Parvum Systems!

Beware of Parvum Systems! If anyone wants to buy a case, get a case from known manufacturers like Corsair, CoolerMaster, ThermalTake, NZXT, etc.. or create your own case and do It by yourself.

My story started when I decided to have custom made Parvum S2.0 case with a Republic of Gamers theme, had my own plan and wanted something different and unique. I contacted Justin from Parvum and been told to pay £241.65 ($364) so they can start with the project.

Service Level Agreement:

Justin said this will take 3 weeks to be done (from starting the design concepts until shipping out the case), the case was sent to me after 2 months!!

Reason? They said I have requested extra stuff .. and guess what the extra stuff are? A black motherboard tray and an ROG logo instead of the 80mm fans!! 6 extra weeks for a black motherboard tray that they already have and an ROG logo ..

Email from Justin: http://cdn.top4top.net/i_e44f4976641.png

Quality of the Case:

So finally, I got the case .. and god .. continue reading please:

1) Quality

Never seen a low quality engraving in a case, look how the ROG logo engraved in the 80mm fans place + the borders of the 120mm fans holes has white stuff that I couldn’t remove with alcohol ..

i_c124fb94e01.jpg

i_c124fb94e02.jpg

i_f54de370243.jpg

2) SSD Locations and a wobbly case

I requested a custom SSD location, I told Justin that I have a custom ROG stickers on my SSDs and wanted them to be visible without showing the cables .. he suggested the following:

email from Justin: http://cdn.top4top.net/i_e44f4976642.png

Then I replied with: (please notice how I keep reminding him that I’ll be using a sound card AND in need of a black motherboard tray):

Email to Justin: http://cdn.top4top.net/i_61ade6df553.png

And this is what I got, a wobbly case (cables clutter under the case) and SSDs that are not visible:

i_07e071238f1.jpg

i_07e071238f2.jpg

i_07e071238f3.jpg

A red motherboard tray and he simply replied with a “sorry” email (thankfully I had a black motherboard try from a previous Parvum S2.0 case that I bought off the internet and did not use) and the SSD location is really bad .. a sound card can block the SSD from viewing .. and installing the GPU will totally cover the SSDs.

3) PCIE bracket

PCIE bracket .. for the love of god .. got a white one instead of black (painted it black myself) + please look at how the sound card is aligned with the PCIE bracket. I broke my motherboard PCIE lane while trying to align the GPU with the PCIE bracket .. now I have to buy a new motherboard:

i_0d79378a8a1.jpg

i_0d79378a8a2.jpg

4) No USB 3.0 screw holes

One of the worse quality control I’ve ever seen .. they forgot to drill the USB 3.0 screw holes .. without them I can’t install the USB 3.0 module on the case:

i_3ab9339ca61.jpg

i_3ab9339ca62.jpg

What happened next?

Nothing .. Justin offered to change the case bottom panel to fix the SSDs location .. which will not work .. he also said he shipped the front panel with the USB 3.0 screw holes which should take 4 – 6 days (it’s been a month now and I still didn’t get anything) ..

They don't respond to your emails in time, the don't read your emails thoroughly and they don't have quality!

Please guys .. make sure to go to well-known companies for your cases, don’t waste your money on Parvum cases. I wasted a lot of money, broke my motherboard, my PC parts are still around for more than 3 months and still don’t have a damn PC!

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Geez, thats disgusting.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I would've been outraged if I payed $350+ for something like this.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Moral of the story for everyone:

Never buy your components from any brand than you KNOW has good stuff.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I would keep on contacting them for a full refund, and dont stop until they give you what you deserve. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Beware of Parvum Systems! If anyone wants to buy a case, get a case from known manufacturers like Corsair, CoolerMaster, ThermalTake, NZXT, etc.. or create your own case and do It by yourself.

Damn dude, what an ass hat of a company.

Demand your money back.

Also completely agree with you on the case from known manufacturers point.

Love my H440.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

im tempted to tweet the company this thread but dont wanna cause drama for you. if you are cool with it I will though.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

im tempted to tweet the company this thread but dont wanna cause drama for you. if you are cool with it I will though.

Im cool with it buddy .. go ahead!

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Dayum dude, I'd be livid pissed about that

Im cool with it buddy .. go ahead!

If you're looking for a different case, check out the Thermaltake Core X9, it looks amazingly good, can't wait to see what the modding community does to it. Caselabs functionality in a $169 case? F**K YES

Definitely want to buy one with my tax refund money, not sure how much it'll be to outfit it completely with fans though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hey at least you don't have a Raidmax case, those are horrible.

I REGRET BUYING A RAIDMAX BLADE....... 

6UrTaZy.jpg

I feel the same my friend ..

I feel the same my friend ..

Well i'm saving up for R4 to replace my crappy Raidmax Blade.

I have the same case and love it, The company is very small and only has 3 members of staff and they are still able to provide such a personal service whilst still mass producing the products. 

In my own personal experience, some of issues you have seen are limitations of acrylic in general. having worked with it in the past, the white marks when cnc'ing it is not surprising.

the quality control issues such as the missing USB holes and the wrong colour pci bracket are not good signs . They are very responsive on this thread if you have trouble getting replacements

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501774/official-parvum-systems-owners-club/710

Where you provided with sketchups of where the SSD'd would be placed? I thourght it would have been obvious that they would be covered slightly by a gpu and soundcard if you had seen (or produced) the sketch up / diagram 

I have the same case and love it, The company is very small and only has 3 members of staff and they are still able to provide such a personal service whilst still mass producing the products. 

In my own personal experience, some of issues you have seen are limitations of acrylic in general. having worked with it in the past, the white marks when cnc'ing it is not surprising.

the quality control issues such as the missing USB holes and the wrong colour pci bracket are not good signs . They are very responsive on this thread if you have trouble getting replacements

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501774/official-parvum-systems-owners-club/710

Where you provided with sketchups of where the SSD'd would be placed? I thourght it would have been obvious that they would be covered slightly by a gpu and soundcard if you had seen (or produced) the sketch up / diagram

I got 3D rendering pictures of the case but without the SSDs location, I told Justin couple of times that ill be using a soundcard. He recommended the locationof the SSDs to be under the GPU, I have no idea about the measurements of the case so didnt imagine that would happen!

Well i'm saving up for R4 to replace my crappy Raidmax Blade.

No offense, but that case makes me puke a little in my mouth.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

No offense, but that case makes me puke a little in my mouth.

Yeah, the R4 is so appaling, isn't it? /s

I've got no idea which one you're talking about, probably the Blade, but I wouldn't buy either of them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

jesus. i would be so angered if that happened to me.

call them, email them. demanding a refund or a new case that is FULLY perfected (making them redo it if it doesnt fit your criteria). keep on doing that till they actually do it.

im so sorry about that >.<

good luck!

jesus. i would be so angered if that happened to me.

call them, email them. demanding a refund or a new case that is FULLY perfected (making them redo it if it doesnt fit your criteria). keep on doing that till they actually do it.

im so sorry about that >.<

good luck!

Thanks! they dont have a phone number mentioned anywhere, I emailed them on the 27th but still waiting for a reply :(

Dude, that looks... cant even find the right words :blink: Hope you work it out

Glad I went with a H440

Yeah, the R4 is so appaling, isn't it? /s

I've got no idea which one you're talking about, probably the Blade, but I wouldn't buy either of them.

Yea, that Raidmax Blade abomination thing

Damn, and I was hearing such good things about parvum. I suppose it's only really good for the boutique system makers they also do stuff for and for the basic stuff on overclockers, at least until they employ more people and deal with their QC.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

What happened next?

Nothing .. Justin offered to change the case bottom panel to fix the SSDs location .. which will not work .. he also said he shipped the front panel with the USB 3.0 screw holes which should take 4 – 6 days (it’s been a month now and I still didn’t get anything) ..

Based on your pictures, and what I know from machining acrylic (I worked in a machine shop for a few years), I think you may be in the wrong.

I believe that Justin is addressing the 2 very legitimate mistakes that are left to fix (you took care the the wrong coloration of the PCIe bracket yourself). Yes, Parvum may be slow (if it has been a month, based on your timing of the post, this all happened during the holiday/right before CES), but that's the nature of small businesses.  There's only so much they can do.

Regarding acrylic, It's almost impossible to get a mill in a way that results in smooth acrylic.  You either turn the mill at a slow speed that cuts, but leaves a rough finish, or you turn it at a fast speed, and melt the acrylic. It's the limitation of the material, and not the fault of Parvum. The smoother you try to make cuts, the more likely you are to melt the acrylic, and the more likely that it will discolor.

And regarding the misalignment of the PCIe bracket. In your photo, your sound card seems crooked. I took your other photo, and measured the placement of the slots relative to the motherboard I/O and the opening in the case for the bracket (and the bracket) seem to be aligned properly.  It's hard to judge depth, and I'm assuming you took the bracket out of the case to paint it, which leads me to the question of whether or not you reinstalled the bracket correctly.

I feel bad for you that things have taken so long, and that you broke your motherboard, and that this case didn't live up to your expectations, but given everything I know of Parvum, Justin, acrylic, and computer cases, I think you're being a tad harsh.  Yes Justin could be more responsive and timely. But honestly, I think your expectations of acrylic are unrealistic.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST