Heaven Society - Week 33 (MAOYUU MAOU YUUSHA & Humanity Has Declined)

@tobben I like it too.

I agree the later stories aren't as great, or they have a different tone compared to the first few. I liked Watashi's outlook on it all, she always had some quip for everything.

I watched these a while ago. Really enjoyed Humanity has declined. Very different and it helped that I liked the main character's voice.

I liked Maoyuu at first but I felt the plot was moving and changing so rapidly towards the end that I could not follow. Also felt really weird that not a single character had a name in this show. I wonder what they were going for with that.

@cae i want anime to be different, i want the show to present a weird, different

world  with its own rules and norms. Now, if even the anime itself is inconsistent,

that just adds another layer awesome right ? :P needless to say i thought this show 

was very interesting, that is for the earlier episodes anyhow.

Kino no tabi would be another case somewhat similar, where every new city is its

own separate isolated society, although it has a very different vibe and style than

jinrui. I wish i had seen it more recently so that my memory of it would have been

somewhat fresh.

mmm, i might have gone abit overboard with my response ..

Also felt really weird that not a single character had a name in this show. I wonder what they were going for with that.

Amusing. I generally don't pay too much attention to people, and i am unfathomably 

bad with names, so i honestly didn't notice. 

well... this thread died pretty fast after 2 pages of off topic discussion :P

This is what i wrote about the show a while back when i watched it:

a fairly strange an obscure show .. it was abit more stream lined towards the end than it was in the first 8 episodes or
so, the setting is fantastic, it gives them a lot of freedom and flexibility. The creators could pretty much do whatever they
wanted, and for the most part it seems that is exactly what they did. It looks like the show had a continuous identity crisis
and couldn't make up its mind on what it wanted to be, I enjoyed it for the most part and I love the ending song.

Tl;DR 
If i remember right, i liked the show while it stuck to chaos, then it started to become
more streamlined and in turn i didn't like it as much, which reminds me. i need to look
up that ending song. Maybe i should re-watch it, there is probably more to it than i 
caught at the time.

I still haven't started MAOYUU I probably should. 

@cae i want anime to be different, i want the show to present a weird, different

world  with its own rules and norms. Now, if even the anime itself is inconsistent,

that just adds another layer awesome right ? :P needless to say i thought this show 

was very interesting, that is for the earlier episodes anyhow.

Kino no tabi would be another case somewhat similar where every new city is its

own separate isolated society, although it has a very different vibe and style than

jinrui. I wish i had seen it more recently so that my memory of it would have been

somewhat fresh.

mmm, i might have gone abit overboard with my response ..

Amusing. I generally don't pay too much attention to people, and i am unfathomably 

bad with names, so i honestly didn't notice. 

I really want everyone in the club to watch kino no tabi, it's got lots of thought provoking elements along the story line. The Light Novel is just as good if not better. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I tried watching Kino no Tabi several years ago, but I couldn't get into it. Something about her observer demeanor really pissed me off. Maybe that will have changed if I watched today, but I NOPE'd pretty hard for some reason back then. :(

i forgot this is a dual anime week, i should probably clarify that i was talking about

jinrui wa suitai shimashita

I really want everyone in the club to watch kino no tabi, it's got lots of thought provoking elements along the story line. The Light Novel is just as good if not better. 

Kino no tabi is so nice, definitely something i think most people should try to watch. I mostly

do anime as a standalone thing, when i read books it is for other purposes. But kino no tabi

being abit of a special case, would probably be well worth a look. Not all 18 of them though..

i have to add that kaiba is another great weirdo in the bunch, it would have been a 10/10 if

they  hadn't decided to shoot off in another direction after episode 7.. 

I tried watching Kino no Tabi several years ago, but I couldn't get into it. Something about her observer demeanor really pissed me off. Maybe that will have changed if I watched today, but I NOPE'd pretty hard for some reason back then. :(

I would definitely give it a go, sometimes you get hung up on certain things you simply can't

look past, it can do you good to let the mind reset and visit it later with a possibly less 

irrational mindset :P

Ah that was another unique show I enjoyed. I don't remember too much about it unfortunately.

It may just be me but I felt Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi had a similar "feel" to it and I also liked it.