Recommendations for new QUITE power supply?

I'm building a new rig with a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC and Intel i5 4690k and I want head room for another of the same Gpu in the future. I was going to go with a XFX 850w semi mod as it was the cheapest good quality 850w with two 6 pin and two 8 pin Gpu connectors but I heard that it can be hella loud sometimes under load and as I'm spending a lot on high end Noctua cooling, that would kinda defeat the point. Anyone got any suggestions for something that fits the specs and is quite and costs under £100? The only thing I can find is a be quite! supply which is about £100.

Are you sure that for a r9 290x SLI 850 is enough, normally people buy 1000w PSUs

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Are you sure that for a r9 290x SLI 850 is enough, normally people buy 1000w PSUs

850w is plenty

EVGA G2 850w would be my recommendation. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Is the power supply supposed to be proper or silent?

No not silent I just need it not to simulate an F-15 at takeoff is all. Something that has a silent running mode for idle would be nice tho

Both of those are still £100 :/

It's worth the money. 

Even the cheapest psu would only be £20 cheaper, but wouldn't be as quiet or as good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's worth the money. 

Even the cheapest psu would only be £20 cheaper. 

I'm trying to spend less... The XFX is £75

It's a 290 not a 290x  :)

I'm trying to spend less... The XFX is £75

It's also an 80+ bronze unit with a 5 year warranty. Whereas the G2 is gold rated, has a 10 year warranty, and is regarded as one of the best psus for the money. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's a 290 not a 290x  :)

Sorry always swap posts in my head and with the recent hype about r9 290(x) its even harder :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Sorry always swap posts in my head and with the recent hype about r9 290(x) its even harder :D

S'okay

It's also an 80+ bronze unit with a 5 year warranty. Whereas the G2 is gold rated, has a 10 year warranty, and is regarded as one of the best psus for the money. 

Yeah but If I'm spending that much anyway then I'll just go for a be quite! 850w because they have low noise optimized fans and run silent at idle 

Yeah but If I'm spending that much anyway then I'll just go for a be quite! 850w because they have low noise optimized fans and run silent at idle 

The G2 has an Eco mode at low Wattages so it's also silent at idle.

The G2 has an Eco mode at low Wattages so it's also silent at idle.

Buuuut it's the same price as the be quiet and they design there psus for low noise even at full load

Buuuut it's the same price as the be quiet and they design there psus for low noise even at full load

Which BeQuiet are we talking about? Power Zone? If so, that's among the exception, as the fan can ramped up to 2500 RPM at full load, while the EVGA G2 would ramped up to ~1700RPM. So it will be louder at idled and full load.

You shouldn't just look at the fan alone, I agree the Be Quiet fan is better than the one the G2 uses, even if the PSU uses the quietest fan in the world without a proper fan profile it's meaningless.

fan_noise.jpg

fan_noise.jpg

The power zone has rather a very agressive fan profile, at 600w load the fan spins like nearly twice as fast.

You shouldn't just look at the fan alone, I agree the Be Quiet fan is better than the one the G2 uses, even if the PSU uses the quietest fan in the world without a proper fan profile it's meaningless.

fan_noise.jpg

fan_noise.jpg

The power zone has rather a very agressive fan profile, at 600w load the fan spins like nearly twice as fast.

Okay thanks for the help  :)

For future reference. It's 

giphy.gif

As for the psu i can't really comment. My friend has some fractal design case and i honestly can't hear the HX750 psu when it's idling

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For future reference. It's 

giphy.gif

As for the psu i can't really comment. My friend has some fractal design case and i honestly can't hear the HX750 psu when it's idling

Okay thanks  :ph34r:

Okay thanks  :ph34r:

No thank you. I've been waiting forever for a chance to use that gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"