Why are my Libraries (i.e Desktop, Documents) named D:\ and containing the same files?

Tomographic

The only thing I can narrow this down too is the fact that I tried moving my library files from my SSD (that I use for windows and booting primarily) to my 1TB Hard Drive. In doing so the files seem to have all merged and contain exactly the same files and folders. I have now lost some documents including photoshop projects that I cannot recover because of this and I don't want to touch anything until I can find a solution from someone who knows what they're talking about. 

These were the instructions I initially followed if this helps? http://www.pcworld.com/article/2025058/answer-line-move-data-files-from-an-ssd-to-a-hard-drive.html

- I really just want to restore these folders back to how they were before I did this process now as all it has done is hinder my system, if anything! 

Your help would be greatly appreciated here as I'm not sure what to do and I'm starting to run out of options :/

These aren't libraries they are normal folders. Libraries, by default are: Documents, Videos and Pictures, which are just shows you several directories in one. Those are located under Libraries. You can see them under the navigation pane (left) when you open a folder.

So let's not get confused with libraries and other folders of the same name.

When you define a new path of a user folder (Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos, Saved Games, etc.), Windows showed you this big dialog box which as you if you want to move the folder or not. It states that if you click on not, you'll have 2 times the same folder show. If you move, you move the folder and merge content of both folder (original location) and content currently on the new location, if any. You want to click on Yes.

To restore. On each folder, repeat the process as you did in the tutorial, but in the Location tab of each folder that you want to restore, hit the "Restore Default" button.

Oh wow, I didn't know Windows allowed you to do this so seamlessly.

Guess who's re-organizing all of his files...

Anyways, I followed the instructions in the article, and as GoodBytes said you probably didn't choose to move the files but copied them instead.