Upgrade time. Includes some modded parts. Spoiler tagged for slow connections.

wtfSNORLAX

This build started with Intel Retail Edge 2013 Summer sale. I was able to grab a 3930k and decided to overhaul the way my rig looks quite a bit. It will be a red and black themed build, based on the ROG board I ended up ordering.

I went with the Rampage IV Formula for a few reasons. Colour, onboard audio, stock VRM cooling, mail-in rebate. I ended up grabbing 32GB of RAM so I can have a small RAMDisk. the RAM is red to match the rest of the build.

Short term goals:

-Paint the inside of my HAF 932 - Complete

-Mod my h100i logo - Complete

-Make fan shrouds for my h100i fans - Complete

-Custom HAF 932 window - Complete

-Receive CPU in the mail. Seriously. It's taking forever. - Finally

Long term goals:

-Custom power supply sleeving

-Custom loop on CPU, GPU, VRM

-Mutilate my case with a dremel to fit multiple large rads

Notable parts:

-Corsair H100i - Owned

-Cooler Master HAF 932 - Owned

-Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Side Panel - Owned

-EVGA GTX 670 - Owned

-OCZ Agility 3 - Owned

-XFX Pro 850W Semi-Modular PSU - Owned

-Asus Rampage IV Formula - Arrived

-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1600mhz Red - Arrived

-Intel 3930k - Arrived!

Parts I'm replacing:

-Intel i5 750@3.8

-Asus P7P55D

-8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600mhz Blue

Build is finally complete.

8OMviV3h.jpg

Here it is. Finally.

The h100i mod turned out to be extremely easy. I hope this inspires others to do something similar.

GJZQW39h.jpg

2 screws and the cover comes right off.

dpez725h.jpg

Sand out the inside until it looks something like this. I used that cloth to prevent scratching up the outer surface.

jeif2ygh.jpg

8yStGO9h.jpg

I cut out a stencil on some sticker paper. Stuck it on the inside and painted over it with some Citadel paint. Chaos Black was the only black I had on hand, so looking closely you can see it's a bit light. Once it's dry just peel off the sticker. Because of the rough inner surface, I had some glue to scrape out as well.

The case turned out really well.

ZRrS8VYh.jpg

I'm way too lazy to crop and edit any of these photos by the way.

D1LVQs1h.jpg

Red sharpie on the optical drive. I was really bored waiting for the CPU.

The new parts!

t8BqGz8h.jpg

And as many boxes as I could fit into one image.

9RapCYah.jpg

Once I get my camera back I'll be posting updates as they happen. For now, you can have these.

Possible h100i mod. I really hope I can make this work. (MSPAINT mockup)

ibjAeJR.png

Also, I currently have the HAF taken apart for painting. Crappy cellphone pictures for now, sorry.

nSygf8G.jpg

Starting the teardown.

8ZjpLnz.jpg

Starting to paint.

As a bonus, here's what I'm currently using while I paint my HAF. Yes, that's an h100i duct taped up top. Yes, those are USB ports painter's taped to the front.

BTj1Vhd.jpeg

I'm kind of proud of this thing actually.

Edited by wtfSNORLAX

I lolled at that old case but if you can make that H100i mod work would look sick. Sounds good.

I'm loving that ghetto rigged H100i on that case  :lol: Can't wait to see how to this turns out, I love black and red themed builds. Can i ask what you are using to paint? I really want to get my rig powder coated, but that's more money than i have to spare right now.

I'm loving that ghetto rigged H100i on that case  :lol: Can't wait to see how to this turns out, I love black and red themed builds. Can i ask what you are using to paint? I really want to get my rig powder coated, but that's more money than i have to spare right now.

I'm just using some semi-gloss Rustoleum. It works pretty well without primer and it's just for the inside of the case. I'm impatient though so I have a big glob up in the corner of the 5.25" bays.

Good luck mate, will be awesome :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'm just using some semi-gloss Rustoleum. It works pretty well without primer and it's just for the inside of the case. I'm impatient though so I have a big glob up in the corner of the 5.25"

With the white base coat already on the case i'd say there isn't a big need for primer. That's the one thing that rattle cans will have, always have to be patient to get the best coat.(i guess it goes for other painting processes as well). As for me, i just have bare aluminium to work with, so primer or bed coating for me

• 3 weeks later...

Finally complete! Original post is updated with pictures and information. Really wish I could edit the title.