Calling all Mercenaries and/or Pirates

CommanderFett

I just want to see who I can count as probable coworkers and fellow pack hunters in the 'Verse. Sound off if it's something you're interested in!

Nope, I'll be hunting you down

What exactly are you talking about ?lol

Check the sub forum

Check the sub forum

Did you check what forum subsection you're in?

Nope, my bad guys. I just woke up  ;)

No! Org member look after each other! Nooooooo!

I know, I'll trade information! For amnesty?

I could use some Mercs as protection transporting large (and I mean LARGE) amounts of cargo. I will pay a % of the profits (profits could look like a couple of million credits per day).

No! Org member look after each other! Nooooooo!

I know, I'll trade information! For amnesty?

Seems like a fair deal for an undercover cop ;)

Seems like a fair deal for an undercover cop ;)

You tell me who you're looking for, and I'll tell you if I run into them at a pirate meet. Or I'll hire him and "run" into you ;)

I really wonder how people will differentiate between mercs and pirates in the game.  

Mercs just go and kill who they're told to by their contractor don't they?

I really wonder how people will differentiate between mercs and pirates in the game.

You have to draw a couple lines. You just described an assassin (something else I'll be dabbling in.)

Mercenaries are almost exclusively within direct control of their employers. Like bodyguards.

Pirates work for themselves, alone, and take advantage of other people.

You have to draw a couple lines. You just described an assassin (something else I'll be dabbling in.

Mercenaries are almost exclusively within direct control of their employers. Like bodyguards.

Pirates work for themselves, alone, and take advantage of other people.

Yes.

I was thinking about maybe playing as a be your own boss "freelance merc" and thought it could easily be confused for pirate behaviour. Especially if I don't kill people if it was pointless, and focused on loot.  I figure I must be missing something.

I've decided to go into the PU with a Cutlass Blue instead of a Freelancer. I'm not the pirate type but I'm willing to fight them. If there's a compelling reason to go against the UEE then I'm there too. 

Yes.

I was thinking about maybe playing as a be your own boss "freelance merc" and thought it could easily be confused for pirate behaviour. Especially if I don't kill people if it was pointless, and focused on loot. I figure I must be missing something.

Pirates don't kill pointlessly. They want profit. If there's a way to make profit that minimizes the danger of being caught/pursued, they will pursue that action. There's no point in getting a reputation for killing those who surrender. People won't surrender, making more work for yourself. But if they resist, show them how foolish it was to resist.

Marauders kill for fun. Also known as griefers. They give all outlaws a bad name.

I've decided to go into the PU with a Cutlass Blue instead of a Freelancer. I'm not the pirate type but I'm willing to fight them. If there's a compelling reason to go against the UEE then I'm there too.

Would you perhaps be interested in wolf packing with me? Two Cutlass Blues are far more intimidating than one.

Noo that's an assassin, mercs usually work for the good guys

Would you perhaps be interested in wolf packing with me? Two Cutlass Blues are far more intimidating than one.

Yes I would. I'm Sohn von Harvey.

Pirates don't kill pointlessly. They want profit. If there's a way to make profit that minimizes the danger of being caught/pursued, they will pursue that action. There's no point in getting a reputation for killing those who surrender. People won't surrender, making more work for yourself. But if they resist, show them how foolish it was to resist.

Marauders kill for fun. Also known as griefers. They give all outlaws a bad name.

Right. Besides, pirates do have to be careful otherwise there won't be a profit. If they blow up the ship and kill the crew, all cargo will be destroyed -> bye profit.

Griefers are the ones that blow stuff up for fun, but it has been recently announced that they will be punished quite hard :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yes I would. I'm Sohn von Harvey.

I'm CommanderFett. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Name and moniker are the same

Right. Besides, pirates do have to be careful otherwise there won't be a profit. If they blow up the ship and kill the crew, all cargo will be destroyed -> bye profit.

Griefers are the ones that blow stuff up for fun, but it has been recently announced that they will be punished quite hard :)

Ooh! That means Piracy IS a supported profession. Excellent!

I'm CommanderFett. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Name and moniker are the same

I'm still at work right now but I'll add you later tonight.