Dying light wont go fullscreen

KieranFretwell

I downloaded dying light and it will not go fullscreen, is there a launch option i can apply so that is starts in fullscreen or maybe a file i can edit? I have verified the files and nothing is wrong with them. 

ALT-Enter ?

What do you mean not full screen? Is it really small or you simply see the borders around the screen?

Could try to go into the files of the game and set the resolution to your screen resolution manually

Could try to go into the files of the game and set the resolution to your screen resolution manually

The resolution is fine, and in game is set to my default res. It just will not go full screen. 

The resolution is fine, and in game is set to my default res. It just will not go full screen. 

What size does it have then? Is it really small when you launch it?

w8.... isn't its release on 27 february ?? i preordered it 

I found this give it a try :) Dying Light Full Screen Issue

First, you need to press Alt+Enter to go to full screen. If that doesn’t work, try full screen commands in launch options. No luck? you need to open video.scr file in \Documents\DyingLight\out\settings\ using a text editor and add 1 where it says full screen (Fullscreen (1)). Some users have reported that fix #7 has also enabled them to get into full screen.

Dying Light Black Screen Fix

Make sure you are running latest version of your GPU drivers. If that’s not the issue, you should try running the game in windowed mode. For that, go to My Documents\dyinglight\out\settings\video.scr and get rid of “Fullscreen()” command. If you are able to see the screen in windowed mode, try lowering your resolution and refresh rates to match that of your desktop settings.

Edit: ffs cant change colour

I found this give it a try :) Dying Light Full Screen Issue

First, you need to press Alt+Enter to go to full screen. If that doesn’t work, try full screen commands in launch options. No luck? you need to open video.scr file in \Documents\DyingLight\out\settings\ using a text editor and add 1 where it says full screen (Fullscreen (1)). Some users have reported that fix #7 has also enabled them to get into full screen.

Dying Light Black Screen Fix

Make sure you are running latest version of your GPU drivers. If that’s not the issue, you should try running the game in windowed mode. For that, go to My Documents\dyinglight\out\settings\video.scr and get rid of “Fullscreen()” command. If you are able to see the screen in windowed mode, try lowering your resolution and refresh rates to match that of your desktop settings.

Edit: ffs cant change colour

None of those worked, alt enter does nothing, adding start-up parameters does nothing and changing the video file did nothing. Can you give me a link to where you got that anyways?

None of those worked, alt enter does nothing, adding start-up parameters does nothing and changing the video file did nothing. Can you give me a link to where you got that anyways?

here you go Sir 

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/ViewNewsArticle/tabid/2549/Article/17907/Dying-Light-goes-Broken-Light-on-PC-Heres-how-to-fix-it.aspx

I am out of ideas^^

• 5 years later...

I know that this is an onld thread but the solution is changing the monitor framerate to 60hz, I know is dumb but here you go...