Laptop recommendations?

Go to solution Solved by MarcusLauk,

Acer's not bad? all companies have some bad products

Is your budget 3000 NOK or 5000 NOK? you won't be able to get much in scandinavia for 500$ you know : P

Important confusing stuff about current laptops:

Mobile I3 is just no

Haswell is epicsauce all over the place

anything less than 630 is worthless

AMD APU's have the same performance as HD4000 pretty much :/

High end haswell I7 have built in graphics better than 730M/640M

for 5000 nok, i would recommend this: http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=774195

Looks preety nice :3 still have to consider it though

Hello!

I am looking for a medium priceranged laptop for both schoolwork and gaming but within a price of about 500$

(Currently I am using a Toshiba l650-11k)

It has been used for about two years.

The things I am looking for in the laptop:

- decent processor (i3-i5)

- Good SSD or HDD (500gb or something lower to compensate for other parts)

- 4-6 GB ram

- Not CPU integrted graphics

- does not run very hot (my current one is 60 degrees in idle and 90 degrees under load)

- Not under the brand Acer i am not happy with then :I

EDIT: Please send a link to with the computer specs and all the other info ETC.

Please excuse my english if there is some very bad grammar at places I am norwegian :3

If they have it in the US the Acer E1 is a good buy very nice to type on aswell :3 

Buy yourself an ASUS, that's all you need and you should be good. 

I can't really recommend anything since i will probably never buy myself a laptop (never use it). I know ASUS makes TOP-NOTCH components and their laptops is not different.

And 500 USD is not enough to buy anything good enough to do much other than surf on the web and work with word, MAYBE CS if you're lucky. But 3000 NOK is not enough to buy anything good enough to play anything but cs or similar.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834310637

Not an intel processor but close to i3 in processor speed, but for the price you'll be getting the best graphics available to you. Throw in an SSD and you have a damn good laptop for the price.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

If you're looking for something you'll be using AT school, you may have to ignore the gaming aspect because they tend to be pretty heavy. I've an S7 which is actually very light (3 pounds) but is still a bit of a burden to carry in my bag.

If its exclusively for home use, then go with the gpu you can find. Another thing is that your budget is a bit low, here in Canada you'll find a good gaming laptop in the $700-900 range.

well dang, its sorta hard to get something for gaming in the $500  (USD) price range.  Is there anyway possible to double your price range to 1000 (USD) ?   You can also try to scout ebay for an item that somebody bought and is looking to re-sell so you can get it for lower than the msrp..    

I would recommend going for something with either haswell (intel) or trinity apu (amd)  these are integrated graphics that are integrated into to cpu rather than the mobo.  its all around better.  I'm pretty sure everything will be like this eventually  Theres some good laptops out now with these chips that are capable of some gaming.  They're also nice because they don't have a price tag that stings, unlike some other gaming laptops of the past.   

EDIT: it turns out some the the latops I had seen with amd trinity apu still use a dedicated gpu.  This is confusing to me because I thought the whole point of apu was to not have to use dedicated gpu but I guess they're still good gaming laptops..  the ones I noticed were the msi gx60 and gx70..   

If you're looking for something you'll be using AT school, you may have to ignore the gaming aspect because they tend to be pretty heavy. I've an S7 which is actually very light (3 pounds) but is still a bit of a burden to carry in my bag.

If its exclusively for home use, then go with the gpu you can find. Another thing is that your budget is a bit low, here in Canada you'll find a good gaming laptop in the $700-900 range.

I want kind of an hybrid pc because i allready have a preety beast desktop. The objective with a new laptop is these 3 things

1. school

2. be able to play games at medium graphics

3. travel to other people and play with them without having to bring a whole rig with me

Hello!

I am looking for a medium priceranged laptop for both schoolwork and gaming but within a price of about 500$

(Currently I am using a Toshiba l650-11k)

It has been used for about two years.

The things I am looking for in the laptop:

- decent processor (i3-i5)

- Good SSD or HDD (500gb or something lower to compensate for other parts)

- 4-6 GB ram

- Not CPU integrted graphics

- does not run very hot (my current one is 60 degrees in idle and 90 degrees under load)

- Not under the brand Acer i am not happy with then :I

EDIT: Please send a link to with the computer specs and all the other info ETC.

Please excuse my english if there is some very bad grammar at places I am norwegian :3

Moves to mobile devices

well dang, its sorta hard to get something for gaming in the $500 price range.  Is there anyway possible to double your price range to 1000?   You can also try to scout ebay for an item that somebody bought and is looking to re-sell so you can get it for lower than the msrp..    

I would recommend going for something with either haswell (intel) or trinity apu (amd)  these are integrated graphics that are integrated into to cpu rather than the mobo.  its all around better.  I'm pretty sure everything will be like this eventually  Theres some good laptops out now with these chips that are capable of some gaming.  They're also nice because they don't have a price tag that stings, unlike some other gaming laptops of the past.     

I dont want the most beast gaming laptop only a decent one ^^

Is your budget 3000 NOK or 5000 NOK? you won't be able to get much in scandinavia for 500$ you know : P

Mobile I3 is just no

for 5000 nok, i would recommend this: http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=774195

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I can only see this really hard for everybody to help this guy, since we're both from Norway i understand.

So guys, when he says 500 USD that means aprox. 400 USD. It's because in Norway we have some stupid laws that makes us have to pay 25% extra for EVERYTHING :<

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Mobile I3 is just no

At stock resolution it should play BF3 and such at medium 40-50 FPS. That's pretty much the best i can find for this pricepoint.

At stock resolution it should play BF3 and such at medium 40-50 FPS. That's pretty much the best i can find for this pricepoint.

Thats more then enough to make me happy :D also I am just planing ahead to make a goal for what to save my money for after i have bought a new monitor for my desktop. So that laptop may drop in price after a while.

PS. i see you are from denmark. I am there on vacation right now :3 preety cheap stuff here :DD!

Yeah but it's 2000 NOK above his budget (328 USD)

But yes, it is indeed a good laptop :)

But yes, it is indeed a good laptop :)

I was guessing he corrected his budget for the price difference between newegg and komplett, started writing it out before any comments were posted lol

intel hd graphics 4000 (i5 ivy stock) should be able to play BF3 at low 30 fps though, although with some laggy drops now and then

I was guessing he corrected his budget for the price difference between newegg and komplett, started writing it out before any comments were posted lol

intel hd graphics 4000 (i5 ivy stock) should be able to play BF3 at low 30 fps though, although with some laggy drops now and then

Hehe^^ Isn't everything really cheap over there? Food, drinks, everything :D

But yes, it is indeed a good laptop.

The whole budget was a only a wild guess what i could get a decent pc for but i see i have to have a higher one now. About 5000kr/820$ is what i will need :3 but thanks anyway guys for the help ^^

<Have a nice day. And soon good night i'd guess^^
@MarcusLauk, buy one for me dude ;) I've used that mousepad since 2008 (the black one) :o

I always wanted to go to lego-land tho, maybe someday when i'm WAY to old :)

Hehe^^ Isn't everything really cheap over there? Food, drinks, everything :D

yeah...

at least everything is cheap for us on holidays xD

but 640M is good graphics for the price

also, eægigamten is like our cheapest shop

Have a nice day. And soon good night i'd guess^^

Yeah its getting preety late i guess. It is about 23:47 right now and thank again and good night :DDDDDDD!

yeah...

at least everything is cheap for us on holidays xD

but 640M is good graphics for the price

also, eægigamten is like our cheapest shop

El-Giganten works with norways Elkjøp and their stores looks like identical so felt like i was at home xD but the price difference is way to big. My reaction was like:

http://img.mu/xqefEH

El-Giganten works with norways Elkjøp and their stores looks like identical so felt like i was at home xD but the price difference is way to big. My reaction was like:

I know bro, even checking out the prices at the US stores make me feel sad :/

Yeah, it's a great shop

I mainly use amazon though