AKG K7XXs vs K702s

LesGensMentales

I just bought into the Massdrop K7XX drop and I have the option from a friend to trade them when they arrive for a brand new in box set of K702s, now my question since I don't know much about AKG/Audio in general is which would be better for positional audio and is one legitimately better than the other. If so, for what reasons?

K7xx is a clone to the K702 65th anniversary edition (aka AKG annies).

The K7xx has a 3db bass boost which makes it easier to be liked my general consumer. But either way, both has the AKG house sound, so if you don't like K7xx, most likely you won't like K702 either. 

My suggestion is to stay with K7xx, K702 has bumps on the headband which is uncomfortable

I just bought into the Massdrop K7XX drop and I have the option from a friend to trade them when they arrive for a brand new in box set of K702s, now my question since I don't know much about AKG/Audio in general is which would be better for positional audio and is one legitimately better than the other. If so, for what reasons?

Is it a regional friend or online friend? If it's a regional friend, just invite him over and test both of the headphones, before making any decision.