[Leak] New HTC One M9 (Hima?) Renders Surface

CYaN_Bob

2ujgzed.png

The image above was recently leaked by @evleaks

The HTC One M9 (far right) is pictured in two versions, basic and "plus." The plus model comes with a fingerprint reader and not much in addition. Now, @evleaks has been a long time leaker, now retired, with quite the track record of leaking previous flagship devices so this may be the HTC Flagships for 2015. 

On to the device itself:

- Boom Sound Speakers are reduced like the Nexus 9

- Centered Front Facing Camera reported to be 13 megapixels

- Black bar significantly reduced below and above the screen (hurray!)

Plus Version

- A Home-button esque fingerprint sensor?

Thoughts

The device render itself looks incredible, especially with the reduced black bars. I think HTC made the best decision in finally moving the home and volume rockers off to the side, but i've never had a phone that has had all three buttons on the same side so it may be odd (iPhone 6 user opinion?). With the reduced size of the speakers, i wonder if they managed to maintain or improve on the quality and loudness of the M8. 

Now for the elephant in the room: The home button thing?

I really hope its not the final proiduct. It doesn't look like it was given any thought on how to incorporate a fingerprint reader onto the device. I feel like it was an afterthought and they decided to mutilate a Galaxy S5's homebutton & reader and slapped it on the device. Fingers crossed~

Source

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01/28/leaked-htc-one-m9-renders-surface-time-courtesy-evleaks/

https://twitter.com/evleaks/statuses/560425983476789248

Anime Addict |  My Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZGrQxr

Not including a fingerprint reader on one would be BS.

Also, the far-left image is of an HTC phone made a long time ago... Not sure why it's there. :D

I just got a HTC one M8 a few days ago, but depending on how significant the improvements are, I might consider the upgrade when it releases. 

I hope the superior sound quality stays with the M9 even though the renders show that the boom speakers are reduced in size.

Reverse Google search results in a larger pic

htc-one-m9-m9plus-rumor-2801.jpeg

Not sure what to think of it.  I hate front-facing cameras and want full-on boomsound speakers.  I hope that those small speakers put out good enough sound.

Also praying that they'll extend the glass with the black bezel over the entire front panel.  That would look a lot better than those grey bits on top and bottom.

Not including a fingerprint reader on one would be BS.

Also, the far-left image is of an HTC phone made a long time ago... Not sure why it's there. :D

It's to show that HTC design language hasn't really changed all too much over the years.

The latest design does look sleek. The sides look very iPhone 6 like. 

EDIT: if these renders are true. I'm so very happy they reduced that big chin. If the design of the back is great, HTC has captured what, in my opinion, what a perfectly designed smartphone looks like.

I really liked my M7 before I switched to the Nexus 5, but it's wireless charging has ruined any other phone for me. If the M9 had a wireless charging (with magnets, unlike the Nexus 6), I will buy it, no matter the cost.

I like the look but honestly i think it looks alot like an iphone 6 and no doubt in my mind people that arent into specs, brands etc of phones are going to think thats an iphone 6.

Bull, looks like crap.

If they have that home button, how on earth am I supposed to tell this apart from a Samsung? :lol:

Comb it with a brick

Bull, looks like crap.

If they have that home button, how on earth am I supposed to tell this apart from a Samsung? :lol:

The aluminium and edge to edge glass? 

We aren't sure if it's a home button or just a fingerprint reader right now, plus it's only on the larger model.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Reverse Google search results in a larger pic

htc-one-m9-m9plus-rumor-2801.jpeg

All i see is iPhone 6 black version lol.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If only the the m9 plus was just a larger version, I don't want the finger print reader/home button