good inexpensive down draft cpu cooler.

rainbrodash666

what is a good inexpensive downdraft cpu cooler for an AMD phenom 9850 black edition. thanks for any recomendations.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

NH-C14 from Noctua is great but NOT inexpensive. What price range are looking for one in?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

NH-C14 from Noctua is great but NOT inexpensive. What price range are looking for one in?

well im fixing someones computer and want to keep it low cost so I can have a fair margin of profit, I am looking for something cheaper than the coolermaster vrtex plus if possible.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

well im fixing someones computer and want to keep it low cost so I can have a fair margin of profit, I am looking for something cheaper than the coolermaster vrtex plus if possible.

That's pretty much the cheapest you'll find for a decent cooler.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Why downdraft?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Why downdraft?

they are typicly lower profile and I want to make sure that the boards vrm's and chipsed get good airflow.

Spoiler

they are typicly lower profile and I want to make sure that the boards vrm's and chipsed get good airflow.

How cheap should it be?

30$?

20$?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The only decent downdraft coolers that will handle a 125W CPU like that would be a short list and between 30-50 USD:

Here are the Top 5 with the Enermax unit being the best performance (IIRC) and the Cooler Master unit being the minimum I would recommend:

Top%205%20cheap%20downdraft_zpse5ha48mu.

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

Noctua are quality.

How low profile would you need the cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How low profile would you need the cooler?

not particularly low profile, just shorter than  hyper 212+, thats what I grabbed from my parts room and it dosent fit because to the exposed heatpipes.

Spoiler

not particularly low profile, just shorter than  hyper 212+, thats what I grabbed from my parts room and it dosent fit because to the exposed heatpipes.

What case are you using?

What case are you using?

it is an older custom build in a no name case, any downdraft cooler should be able to fit as the hyper 212+ barley didnt fit. by 1cm or 1.5cm.

Spoiler

it is an older custom build in a no name case, any downdraft cooler should be able to fit as the hyper 212+ barley didnt fit. by 1cm or 1.5cm.

A Raijintek Aidos should be fine for that: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/raijintek-cpu-cooler-0r100009

If for some reason, you must have a downdraft cooler, check out the BIG Shuriken 2: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/scythe-cpu-cooler-scbsk2100