MediaTek to invade the US

WAI

To compete with Qualcomm MediaTek is just about on the boat to hit shores to our coast line and enter our cites and streets. This is such good news to a lot of people looking for budget and awesome Performance/power saving Phones. MediaTek is now one of the most used CPU Manufacturer's in China and also else where. My next phone is going to be based on the MT6732 "A 64-bit CPU-8Core" from company Elephone

what are your thoughts about MediaTek? well discuss  -_-​ 

Source: http://www.mobileburn.com/24159/news/mediatek-looking-to-expand-into-us-market

I looked at a few mediatek phones and they don't support 850/1900 hspa+ so I can't use them on my carrier :(

which is too bad because they look great for $150

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I looked at a few mediatek phones and they don't support 850/1900 hspa+ so I can't use them on my carrier :(

what phones were you looking at?  got my mom one that supports GSM850/1900 

most phones saled in china "with Mediatek CPUs" support our 3G networks (well ATT course) not sure for T-Mobile

Leagoo Lead 7, Ulefone Be One, Doogee Leo DG280, and iNew V1 are recent phones that I have come across that support the 850/1900Mhz 3G bands. After I saw the Leagoo in the news I did some searching around on Banggood lol.

My carrier isn't GSM :(

what phones were you looking at?  got my mom one that supports GSM850/1900 

most phones saled in china "with Mediatek CPUs" support our 3G networks (well ATT course) not sure for T-Mobile

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

My carrier isn't GSM :(

too bad. from my searching ATT seems to be the ONLY carrier supported "far as 3G is concerned"

Asus Zenfone is cheap but the Intel inside is not cheap worthless no name chip.. While that exists there is no reason to even consider these mediatek equipped phones.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Asus Zenfone is cheap but the Intel inside is not cheap worthless no name chip.. While that exists there is no reason to even consider these mediatek equipped phones.

Those intel CPUs are terrible with Android. most games/apps run pretty bad on it. plus that and the battery life is not so great

Those intel CPUs are terrible with Android. most games/apps run pretty bad on it. plus that and the battery life is not so great

When was the last time you used one. I used a Zenfone 5 recently and I say it is one of the best android phones ever made. It's super smooth and the battery life is normal if not above average.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

my friend had one but he had the A500CG and not the 501 model which corrects some issues that the first model had so i may look into them but for $150 for the phone i'm looking at i can't pass it up. on a budget hehi

what are your thoughts about MediaTek? well discuss  -_-​ 

MediaTek = no support from XDA. Pass. 

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.