GPU Stuck at 99.99%

Ya, I would try re-install the drivers from scratch. If after a few hours that still doesn't work, your only option might be to delete the WU itself and start over.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Reinstall drivers

Ya, I would try re-install the drivers from scratch. If after a few hours that still doesn't work, your only option might be to delete the WU itself and start over.

Would this have anything to do with this? 

(wouldnt let me post image)

http://imgur.com/5Cokyal

You can try tot reinstall drivers. Maybe that it can work. But first delete drivers and F@H reboot and install driver again and F@H, reboot again and start F@H again. If that does not work try underclock your gpu.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

You can try tot reinstall drivers. Maybe that it can work. But first delete drivers and F@H reboot and install driver again and F@H, reboot again and start F@H again. If that does not work try underclock your gpu.

Well I tried it all and it didnt work. Guess I just gotta let it run down in the time of 9 days. :(

Oh, I am not into folding, bionc etc. at all

If that is so then why where you in this subforum?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

If that is so then why where you in this subforum?

Because this was first posted in the General section or Troubleshooting, can't remember.

Interested in Business and Technology

Because this was first posted in the General section or Troubleshooting, can't remember.

Oh, fair enough then. Was just wondering what someone that wasn't into this stuff was doing here.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well I tried it all and it didnt work. Guess I just gotta let it run down in the time of 9 days. :(

Check the FAQ on deleting a stuck WU

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

It was orignally posted here in F@H subform

It was orignally posted here in F@H subform

Are you sure? Anyway, I can't remember so you could be right

Interested in Business and Technology

hey man. What is your GPU. Some NVIDIA chips can glitch at an overclock. How old is it. I would recommend putting in a RMA for it. also plug GPU into some other computer and see. I really know GPUs, So if you have questions let me know.

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

hey man. What is your GPU. Some NVIDIA chips can glitch at an overclock. How old is it. I would recommend putting in a RMA for it. also plug GPU into some other computer and see. I really know GPUs, So if you have questions let me know.

gtx 750 ti less than a week old and it cant overclock because it only draws power from the motherboard so it cannot draw power from a nonexistent plug in slot to overclock, its not overclocked.

Yea I did not know the card you had till now. Man 750 that use motherboard power are known for this. See they can draw can overdraw power and mess gpu up. I would RMA it if I were you or test it on some other system.

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

gtx 750 ti less than a week old and it cant overclock because it only draws power from the motherboard so it cannot draw power from a nonexistent plug in slot to overclock, its not overclocked.

Have you actually deleted the work and tried to resume folding yet?.

Have you actually deleted the work and tried to resume folding yet?.

This is hardware for sure 

Chase B

This is hardware for sure 

Not sure why you are so convinced about that, there are more

than enough software issues to go around when running

something like folding. To find out if it's hardware related or not

he should  start troubleshooting with something other than the

folding client, but i'm pretty convinced this is software related to

folding specifically, so that venture is hardly worth considering.

Even sorting out the folding client you can still run into driver

issues.

Not sure why you are so convinced about that, there are more

than enough software issues to go around when running

something like folding. To find out if it's hardware related or not

he should  start troubleshooting with something other than the

folding client, but i'm pretty convinced this is software related to

folding specifically, so that venture is hardly worth considering.

Even sorting out the folding client you can still run into driver

issues.

Yea I am not a hundred percent sure but pretty convinced. I told him that the best thing to do is plug it in on some other computer. It looks like hardware but I can see software issue as well 

Chase B

This is hardware for sure. 

Its software not the hardware.  Its completed F@H graphics work units before. And I'm the only tech guy in my family so I dont have another computer to test it in nor have the cash to get a new one.

Man Folding can be such a pain. Looking back on the tread I can now see that this is more the software issue. I would restore my system back to factory or a couple days before folding and see what happens.

Chase B

Yea I am not a hundred percent sure but pretty convinced. I told him that the best thing to do is plug it in on some other computer. It looks like hardware but I can see software issue as well 

changing the gpu from one computer to another and re-installing

drivers is alot more troublesome, and possibly not doable compared

to just firing up something like heaven benchmark and checking the

load or re-installing drivers.

Which will most likely be fine because the problem is most likely

software related as opposed to faults on the physical gpu.

If he was having troubles with stress tests/games and other  applications

we could conclude folding isn't the issue, or atleast not the only issue.  

Which leads me back to the question whether he has deleted the work

and tried to fetch a fresh wu.

changing the gpu from one computer to another and re-installing

drivers is alot more troublesome, and possibly not doable compared

to just firing up something like heaven benchmark and checking the

load or re-installing drivers.

Which will most likely be fine because the problem is most likely

software related as opposed to faults on the physical gpu.

If he was having troubles with stress tests/games and other  applications

we could conclude folding isn't the issue, or atleast not the only issue.  

Which leads me back to the question whether he has deleted the work

and tried to fetch a fresh wu.

read my last post

Chase B

read my last post

Could you please stop. You obviously have no experience with Folding. This is not a hardware issue and not something that would ever be fixed by "rolling back" the PC. It is a folding issue, most likely a bad WU, hence the stuck at 99% regardless of everything else we have recommended.

Therefore, the solution, stop FAH, delete the WU, start and continue on.