Best for gaming?

So I'm building my first gaming rig and well I'm asking for your help to see which processor is the best for gaming either the amd fx-8350 or the Intel core i5 4690k plz keep in mind that im only planning to use this rig for gaming, no rendering or editing just gaming.

What games?

Id personally go for the i5, but I know alot of people may want to go for the FX

It seems impossible until it's done.

Intel is always better.

Also, the FX chipset is like, acient...

So I'm building my first gaming rig and well I'm asking for your help to see which processor is the best for gaming either the amd fx-8350 or the Intel core i5 4690k plz keep in mind that im only planning to use this rig for gaming, no rendering or editing just gaming.

Hands down i5. It will mop the floor with the FX in every single game except DA:I where they're about equal.

"Rawr XD"

Well it would mostly be AAA games but just gaming in general.

Naturally the Core i5 is superior, which should already be obvious from the price difference.

That said, does this affect how much money you're able to spend on the rest of the system? If the Core i5-4690K leaves you little money for a decent video card, it may be worthwhile to step down to something else, like a Core i5-4440 or an i3.

My rig is going to consist of the following:

Cpu:i5 4690k

Mobo:Asus maximus hero vii

Mem:8gb of g skill ripjaws x 2133mhz

Gpu:evga gtx 970 ftw edition

Cooler: cm hyper 212 evo

Storage: Kingston v300 128gb ssd and a wd blue 1tb hdd

Psu:evga 750 Watt supernova g2

4690k all the way.

Just make sure you get a good GPU to go along with it. or if you are just gonna run off of onboard graphics then get some higher speed memory, 1866 or more.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Very good.  I would only make two changes.

#1 less expensive motherboard.  Motherboard doesn't impact performance, it is all about features and aesthetic.  You can get a motherboard with the same features, for much less.  $100-$150.  No need to spend more than $150 on a motherboard unless you absolutely need specific features.  Check out the Asus Z97-AR, but there are many other good ones for less.

#2  Don't buy the Kingston V300.  While it works, and it is cheap, I do not support bait and switch tactics.  You are better off buying a different SSD even if it costs $5 more.  Crucial, Adata, Sandisk, Samsung, etc.. are all good SSD companies, avoid Kingston V300.

Other than that, excellent rig.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I would go with the Asrock extreme 6 motherboard because its cheaper and performs great against the rest. I would go with a Crucial MX100 128GB SSD over the Kingston.

Are you going to be overclocking your CPU?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

go intel as per this forum and reviews.

go amd as per wallet.lol

I would go with the Asrock extreme 6 motherboard because its cheaper and performs great against the rest. I would go with a Crucial MX100 128GB SSD over the Kingston.

Are you going to be overclocking your CPU?

Well I've never even played around around with a processor and in a newbie in overclock but I would love to try it

i5 4690k ftw!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I5 quad core has been the best gaming chip for the money since the 750 was released in 2009 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

4690k by a long shot.