I need help serious help my i5-4690k died Part 2

LeaTheTechWoman
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

i want to tell you but its classified but im going to consult my friend DigitalHermit

I'm going to bet you didn't follow a guide, tried to do something without referencing anything, and didn't know this was an incredibly bad idea.

Dude you killed your cpu, you ran 1.85 volts through it.... But reapplying thermal paste is worth giving a try

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

i want to tell you but its classified but im going to consult my friend DigitalHermit

I'm going to bet you didn't follow a guide, tried to do something without referencing anything, and didn't know this was an incredibly bad idea.

Hmm... I'm kinda confused now??

Did you really follow a guide?

Hmm... I'm kinda confused now??

Did you really follow a guide?

If you don't know what you're doing, you should.

If you don't know what you're doing, you should.

I just winged it my first time :3

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I just winged it my first time :3

I was on TS with a couple people, one of them was OCing for the first time. Great stuff when it crashed the first time. At least they stopped at 1.4V...

I was on TS with a couple people, one of them was OCing for the first time. Great stuff when it crashed the first time. At least they stopped at 1.4V...

My CPU is running at a constant 1.4V  :)

My CPU is running at a constant 1.4V  :)

Yours doesn't pump out a lot of heat :P

Yours doesn't pump out a lot of heat :P

45 degrees at idle swag yolo

You ran how much through it? :o

You murdered it. Say goodbye and move on. Next time consult a guide or ask people who know what they are doing. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm confused. It doesn't say anywhere that he/she ran 1.85 volts through it does it? (Edit: nvm I found it) If so though, yeah, I don't think that chip survived. Better be more careful next time.

Hopefully the board is still fine. But, very important: you need to take out the CMOS battery to reset the board to factory settings if you want to not fry your replacement CPU instantly.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

What overclocking guide did you use??

Know the Pros and Cons first.. kabayan..

@DigitalHermit @LinusTech @Slick

Dafuq?

How dafuq did you put 1.85V Vcore through an i5???

Important basic CPU Overclocking tips:

Multiplier first, then voltage, then BClk...

Stability test for as long as you're comfortable with and watch the temps and voltages...

Never push beyond your comfortable levels unless you know what you're doing...

Sad day but that i5 is in silicon heaven...

Get a G3258 to test your board... I found one for around 3500PhP at PCWorx...