Saints Row 4 refused classification in Australia

Anult

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57590880-235/saints-row-4-banned-from-australia-over-sexual-violence/

http://www.classification.gov.au/Public/Resources/Documents/2013%20media%20releases/media%20release%20Saints%20Row%204.pdf

Seems like the old elites still think that people over the age of 15 can't think for themselves. 10 years battling to finally get a R18+ rating and all for nothing in the end.

Good show Australian government!

(PS: I know another thread already exists on the subject, this one just happens to have links to the news story and a link to the pdf regarding the refused classification. Plus I felt it was worth putting the subject into tech news because let's face it it's tech related in some way.)

Hope that doesn't lead to removed content for everybody instead of Just some EU countries.

Hope that doesn't lead to removed content for everybody instead of Just some EU countries.

Probably not, It just sucks for people both in Australia and New Zealand.

New Zealand will have the cut down version as well sadly as a result of this even though the game has not been refused classification in NZ in it's current state.

Pirating helps on these cases.

Sadly as much as I hate Piracy, In this case you really have no choice unless you have a PC and can get a steam friend to buy the uncensored version for you to own.

Head over to steam trading forums and offer a equivalent game for it, lots of people trade stuff there.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

doesn't bother me, I import all my games from the UK because it's miles cheaper.

The one case were you could make a legitimate legal argument that illegal downloading is not theft as the goods in question are not offered for sale in this country.  It would make for a very interesting moral debate in social studies too.

My 2c

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The thing is that saints row 4 was going to be shown at PAX Aus. now i don't know

Ha! Asus showing SR4? Why? SR4 is just SR3 but with new stuff, not exactly a show taker. I also think that might cause some issues with the audience, and all the madness that in the game. Maybe they can show off something that actually sets a good look for PC gaming. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not, It just sucks for people both in Australia and New Zealand.

New Zealand will have the cut down version as well sadly as a result of this even though the game has not been refused classification in NZ in it's current state.

Nope We'll be getting the full fledged version.

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/blog/2309/Saints-Row-IV-banned-in-Australia-will-Mighty-Ape-be-getting-the-game/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=posts&utm_content=buffer22c11&utm_medium=facebook

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

That's fantastic. For once NZ doesn't get screwed over due to a decision in Australia.