Best Sound Card for $100

Accursed Entity

Now onto the sound card, I want to get the most of the headphone(ATH M40X) and mic(ModMic) I ordered and I'm looking for the best sound card for $100. I'm between the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi, Sound Blaster Omni or unless there's a better sound card? I'm open to new ideas.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I had the SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium and had lots of crackling and hissing in the signal... When i contacted the support they basically told me to fuck off. Sooo i wouldn't reccomend Creative.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I had the SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium and had lots of crackling and hissing in the signal... When i contacted the support they basically told me to fuck off. Sooo i wouldn't reccomend Creative.

What would you recommend?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

What would you recommend?

Not really an audio guy but most people will probably tell you to use the onboard sound or an external DAC.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Why not onboard, buying something will not change anything.

Like, nothing at all? So getting a sound card is not better than the realtek onboard sound? I mean, I ordered a cheap usb sound card for the modmic just in case but I thought buying a sound card would get me a little better quality for the headphones as well.

Like, nothing at all? So getting a sound card is not better than the realtek onboard sound? I mean, I ordered a cheap usb sound card for the modmic just in case but I thought buying a sound card would get me a little better quality for the headphones as well.

Unless something is broken it will sound the same. A usb sound card mic help the mic, but thats hit or miss in its own right. But it won't do anything besides make you think there is a difference. 

The mantra is "try it and see".

Unless we've all stopped loving money around here or something. It's hard to tell!

Unless we've all stopped loving money around here or something. It's hard to tell!

I've always hated my money, but I hate it in smart ways. 

Unless something is broken it will sound the same. A usb sound card mic help the mic, but thats hit or miss in its own right. But it won't do anything besides make you think there is a difference. 

So, my best bet is when I get the ModMic, try it with the usb cheap sound card, if I don't like it buy a usb mic like a Blue Snowball? 

So, my best bet is when I get the ModMic, try it with the usb cheap sound card, if I don't like it buy a usb mic like a Blue Snowflake? 

Or something like that. 

So, my best bet is when I get the ModMic, try it with the usb cheap sound card, if I don't like it buy a usb mic like a Blue Snowball? 

Mmmmmmm, no.

If there is noise or it is truly terrible, then maybe get a soundcard or external thing.

Mmmmmmm, no.

If there is noise or it is truly terrible, then maybe get a soundcard or external thing.

That's why I created this thread. :( 

So, try Sound Cards, like a cheap Asus DGX or Sound Blaster FX and hope they're good.

So, try Sound Cards, like a cheap Asus DGX or Sound Blaster FX and hope they're good.

They're probably helped some people, at some point in history. You could try plugging your headphones into it as well, but it might hurt more than help them.

Not even those, try with onboard and your little usb one first. 

Thanks guys! I'm gonna wait a little more and try first then.

Well guys I ordered the AT2020, I have to figure out what to do with the ModMic I bought.