A question for the next WAN show.

Ekows

Hi.

If there is a better place to post this let me know, I'll delite this and re-post there.

Watching your 960 review and the glam shots I saw 'made in China' stamped on the bottom of the GPU. After a lot of recent news stories about the treatement of workers in factories in China and after your recent factory tour of a German plant would you ever consider including details of company-worker relations in a review.

For example.

Product X offers a good thing and a bad thing, the good thing is very good and the bad thing is very slight but there has been reports of bad things happening to the wokers so we surgest you check that out when considering product  X.

I'd just like to hear your ideas on this.

Thanks.

Ekows.

its not all factorys, it only a specific few.

unfortunately its not something then can factor into a review as individual products are made in multiple factory's used by said company. Also a lot of times the company that is using the factory to do the production is unaware of conditions.

I think it's a slightly risky thing to do. Even mentioning rumours of the poor treatment of workers could wreck the relationship between Linus and a manufacturer if it's not true. 

While I can understand saying that it's manufactured to a high standard in Germany, saying that they're treating their workers bad in China seems like a bad idea to me, especially if it's not true and it's just rumours. 

I fell that it is our job as consumers to see if we like the process in witch a product is made, and it is the reviewers job to tell us how good it is 

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

There will always be badly treated workers.

Quite frankly I don't think its something that we can get rid of in places like china without changing things.

If you want to treat people better your going to have to dish out more cash and pay more for the end product.

It doesn't happen everywhere, only in some places.

They review the product for its performance at its function.

It is your job to look deeper into companies and take a stance on morals of the company if you'd like.

System: Thinkpad T460

Hi.

If there is a better place to post this let me know, I'll delite this and re-post there.

Watching your 960 review and the glam shots I saw 'made in China' stamped on the bottom of the GPU. After a lot of recent news stories about the treatement of workers in factories in China and after your recent factory tour of a German plant would you ever consider including details of company-worker relations in a review.

For example.

Product X offers a good thing and a bad thing, the good thing is very good and the bad thing is very slight but there has been reports of bad things happening to the wokers so we surgest you check that out when considering product  X.

I'd just like to hear your ideas on this.

Thanks.

Ekows.

Another point to consider is that a very large number of GPU's are actually made in China.

Foxconn for example, manufactures a ton of different branded GPU's (They also make most Apple products).

As others have said, some Chinese factories are bad, and others are good.

It's not Linus' job to tell us that. It's up to each individual buyer to decide whether that sort of thing is important to them, and it's THEIR responsibility to go out and do the research.

If you on a personal level care about the fair treatment of the factory workers that build your products, then you as a person need to make sure to do that sort of research when buying a product.

If Linus adds that kind of info in, then inevitably, the quality of other info will lessen to make room for it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

dont mess with china man... you'll find yourself 3 meters under the ground...

Most of it is just assembled in china. Most of the components are made elsewhere, like Japan, Korea, Germany, etc, and are put on an assembly line

Where they are assembled into products by high-precision JIS machines.

Made by Hitachi.

or Mitsubishi.

Another point to consider is that a very large number of GPU's are actually made in China.

Foxconn for example, manufactures a ton of different branded GPU's (They also make most Apple products).

As others have said, some Chinese factories are bad, and others are good.

It's not Linus' job to tell us that. It's up to each individual buyer to decide whether that sort of thing is important to them, and it's THEIR responsibility to go out and do the research.

If you on a personal level care about the fair treatment of the factory workers that build your products, then you as a person need to make sure to do that sort of research when buying a product.

If Linus adds that kind of info in, then inevitably, the quality of other info will lessen to make room for it.

Ye you are right.

Linus videos have show me a how to understand and discriminate between all the products on offer. Watching the vids on Linus helped me set up my first proper PC. I didnt know anything about building a rig before I started watching the you tube chanel.

I have only vaugly heard the echos of scandles from far and distant places that make the tech that goes in to my system and would like some help to take on the responsibility you are talking about. How the hell do I know what to reaserch? I dont know anything about anything. Just like I didnt know anything about building a PC untill a friendly you tube chanel started me off on the idea. 

Also it was just a question, would he, could he. If the answers are no he wouldnt and no he couldnt thats fair enough. I will keep digging. The only reason I asked was that this is where I got started. I trust the stuff that the linus media group people say.