ATH M40X or ATH M50X

Accursed Entity
Go to solution Solved by Accursed Entity,

ATH M40X it is then thanks a lot guys!

I'm about to order the ATH M40X, but I wonder if the extra $70 for the 50X is worth it sound wise? The looks and the movement features of the 50X is not what I care but the sound and only the sound... is it really that different or should I save those $70 and spend it on a sound card or anything else?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

ATH M40X it is then thanks a lot guys!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

or should I save those $70 and spend it on a sound card or anything else?

These things are friggin loud. You should not need a sound card or amp, but there is a package on Amazon that comes with an E6 for $1 more than just the headphones. If anything, a microphone to go along with it would be best.

These things are friggin loud. You should not need a sound card or amp, but there is a package on Amazon that comes with an E6 for $1 more than just the headphones. If anything, a microphone to go along with it would be best.

Yeah I saw those, I just ordered them from Ebay for free shipping. I also ordered a ModMic last night to go with it and one of those cheap $3 usb sound cards just in case for the mic's white noise lol