colored tubes vs colored liquid

Chiobe

EK-Ekoolant CLEAR + PrimoChill PrimoFlex Onyx Black

or

Mayhems Pastel Pure Black + PrimoChill PrimoFlex Crystal Clear

Which would give me best result, both in terms of look and in terms of temprature.

I'm using only EK parts, so I will stick with there cooling liquid or Mayhems (as that is recommended).

I think colored tubes with distilled water is the best option

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Considering the dye doesn't help the heat transfer in a positive way, the best result would be achieved with colored tubes.

Coloured tubing since dyes make draining and bleeding harder. (I believe, somebody can correct me if I am mistaken)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

I'd go with tubes.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Depends on what look what you like, soild colour then tubes but if u want a clear border almost and see the inner fittings then clear with dye

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Considering the dye doesn't help the heat transfer in a positive way, the best result would be achieved with colored tubes.

It doesn't affect it in a negative way either. It's just a different liquid.

Coloured tubing since dyes make draining and bleeding harder. (I believe, somebody can correct me if I am mistaken)

You're mistaken.

@Chiobe colored coolant if you're comfortable with it potentially permanently staining your water blocks and tubing. Mayhems coolants stain too, the only one that has the smallest chance of staining is the white variant.

Colored tubing with distilled water is the safer, no fuss bet. But if you can put up with some staining there is no reason why you can't have the Mayhems colored coolant of your choice with some decent tubing. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

It is better to go with colored tubes, but I'd reccomend to add UV dye when doing leaktest - it will help to see all the leaks immediately (you'll also need uv lights of course).

Do you need to add anything if you use "Mayhems Ultra Pure H20", like Biocide?

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/mayhems/index.php/products/normal-coolants/mayhems-ultra-pure-h20

No, i have the fluid but died and it does have a biocide mixed in and a good one at that! Its proabbly the best, silver in the resovour would be even better if u added it into the res

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Personally I think that coloured liquid looks better, but I've never done custom water cooling before so what do I know. 

I like to keep my tubes colored and my water as pure as possible to avoid gunk

but it is preference

most colors are washable except red red is ferocious and will forever stain :P

Colored tubes are potentially less problematic, but IMO don't come close to the looks of colored liquid in clear tubes.

Beauty knows no pain. ;)

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

The best recommendation is colored tubing with distilled water. You never have to worry about it gunking up your parts unless you don't take the safety measures like a biocide. I learned the hard way from my last loop with colored liquid, never again.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

After using coloured liquid for a bit over a year now in my current build I see no build up of gunk or any noticeable differences in temperatures. 

I have had no issue with coloured fluid in a loop!

Rule of thumb is for performance go for Mayhems ultra pure (and a biocide) in coloured tubing.

Looks

Mayhems x1 or aurora 2  in clear tubes.

I used both in my build solid coloured tubing and coloured coolant.

I have the white primo chill tubes and the xspc glass reservoir using uv dye looks good imo