Will My Monster Build Work? Please Advise/Inform xoxo

Jev

So I decided to build a new system and have a few friends who can get parts pretty cheap so I basically got whatever part I could for a bargain so I didnt really get to choose my system but who can really complain when its half price : P. I was just looking for info on whether the config would run fine and any tips when constructing my build or potentially parts i should swap out as i could sell these parts and buy replacements if anything is incompatible or can be radically improved. Thanks for taking the time to check out my post and help me out : ). Please tell me which motherboard is best and also any extras I should get, cheers.

Here are the parts I have aquired!

CASE : NZXT H440 Mid Tower White

POWER SUPPLY :EVGA SUPERNOVA 1300W G2 POWER SUPPLY (1300 watts - should be more than enough?)

Motherboard : Asus X99 Deluxe Intel LGA 2011  OR RAMPAGE V EXTREME, I HAVE BOTH

Processor stuff : Intel Core i7 4960X Extreme Hex Core CPU (Retail, Socket 2011, 3.60GHz, 15MB, 130W)(Is this good for SLI in regard to express lanes and which motherboard would be best?

NOCTUA NH-D14 *2011* DUAL RADIATOR CPU COOLER AND A BUNCH OF 12xm AND 14CM NOCTUA FANS I GOT MY HANDs ON

GRAPHICS : PNY GF 980 GTX PE4GEPB - TWO OF THESE (IS SLI WORTH IT? IS IT MUCH HASSLE? am i better off just selling one of the cards and buying myself a really nice chair or pair of glasses? haha

RAM : 16GB CORSAIR VENGENACE DDR4 2666 RAM (4x4 sticks)

Oh I also have a bunch of hard drives. I have a fews 1tb ssds all samsung from 840 evo 850 evo and 850 pro. a few of each which should I use? as i am going to sell the ones I dont and can you link a good video to format RAID 0 also I need a good 3+ TB drive to go with them I went on pc part picker and looked at them by value to MB haha and some seem to have good review. can you recoomend any?

I built my last PC but that was a few years ago and havent really done anything since. Ive checked out a few videos and think im relatively competant but let me know if theres anything I should do or take special care with. Also i need thermal paste for my CPU. what should I get? also i cant be bothered with water cooling is there anything I should do to maximise airflow or any other tips of things I could buy. Also will the system run solidly are all the parts compatible. Ill be using it for work and gaming so its an all rounder. Many thanks again and I look forward to your replies.

@Jev

The 4960X does not fit in the X99 boards...

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You'll be fine, look at the how to build a pc link in my description 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

@Jev

The 4960X does not fit in the X99 boards...

Are you sure? its both socket 2011

Are you sure? its both socket 2011

No it's not

The 4960x = Socket 2011

X99 = Socket 2011-3

They are NOT intercompatible

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

4960x DOES NOT FIT IN X99 BOARDS! do some research before you you ASSUME IT DOES!

4960x IS 2011. X99 IS 2011-3.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

4960x DOES NOT FIT IN X99 BOARDS! do some research before you you ASSUME IT DOES!

4960x IS 2011. X99 IS 2011-3.

This is my research : ) can you reccommend a CPU that will fit. thanks alot for your help I appreciate the information

the only thing i know about that build is the case, is is a very good looking case, but just be prepaired for the cable management under the psu sheild.

This is my research : ) can you reccommend a CPU that will fit. thanks alot for your help I appreciate the information

You clearly assumed it does. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

You clearly assumed it does. 

I dont understand why you're being so blunt, and arguably rude. I clearly assumed nothing or i would have hammered it into the board. I clearly say will the system function together? As i said in regard to the parts I got them dirt cheap so didnt have much choice in what to get. I can get a correct CPU and sell that one later its not a problem please don't respond again unless you have anything actually helpful to add. If you want to make sarcy comments. Kindly go somewhere else

5820k is also a six-core, much cheaper than a 4960x and it's better. If you really need 8-cores then get the 5960x but otherwise the 5820k will do 

This is my research : )

Honestly your reasoning was "They are both 2011 so it should work". That is not research

and any other haswell E

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

5820k is also a six-core, much cheaper than a 4960x and it's better. If you really need 8-cores then get the 5960x but otherwise the 5820k will do 

thanks alot for your help looks like i could sell the 4960x and buy that one. Ill have a look at the v3 socket cpu : )

I dont understand why you're being so blunt, and arguably rude. I clearly assumed nothing or i would have hammered it into the board. I clearly say will the system function together? As i said in regard to the parts I got them dirt cheap so didnt have much choice in what to get. I can get a correct CPU and sell that one later its not a problem please don't respond again unless you have anything actually helpful to add. If you want to make sarcy comments. Kindly go somewhere else

I don't see how that was research. Enlighten me.

my research was how much is the 4960x worth? oh 800 dollars how much does am i geting it for? oh 200 dollars there both 2011 lets buy it ask someone who knows and if theres any problems ill sell it and go for a nice sea food dinner

but this is all far from the point and weve only solved my CPU problem. Can you reccommend anything with the hard drives and motherboards ect

why would u need that much form a psu 

I got the PSU for around 155 and it had good reviews also it just makes me feel like i have massive genatalia

-

what is your budget and what components do you already have? Sorry but the original post is almost incomprehensible due to formatting.

980s are not worth it. Not even close. Get 2 970s instead. X99 is also not worth it for gaming, the performance difference is literally 0.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

what is your budget and what components do you already have? Sorry but the original post is almost incomprehensible due to formatting.

980s are not worth it. Not even close. Get 2 970s instead. X99 is also not worth it for gaming, the performance difference is literally 0.

I edited it so it is more ledgible sorry. Basically there is no budget but obviously i care about price to performance ratio. I already have most of the parts and got them for beyond cheap so I thought i might as well go for the x99 setup. the 980s i got were cheaper than 970s from where i got them. thanks for your help I figured I might as well go for this setup if anything as the eventuale resale value will outweigh the extra money it costs me as I got the parts so cheap

I edited it so it is more ledgible sorry. Basically there is no budget but obviously i care about price to performance ratio. I already have most of the parts and got them for beyond cheap so I thought i might as well go for the x99 setup. the 980s i got were cheaper than 970s from where i got them. thanks for your help I figured I might as well go for this setup if anything as the eventuale resale value will outweigh the extra money it costs me as I got the parts so cheap

So, as others pointed out the CPU won't work on that motherboard. The best value cpu you can get for that motherboard is a 5820k, going higher is pointless. SLI is worth it if you got the 980s for a great price already. For storage use all the ssds you have, don't bother with hdds unless you finish your space. Install your OS on the 850s. You really don't need to raid ssds.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*