Logitech G430 or HyperX Cloud?

Go to solution Solved by ValuedBuffalo,

clouds it is lol tyvm for the input

So my Razer Taimat 2.2's died or something a little while ago. (could never figure out the problem but i think something happened to the cord because the sound would only be normal if it was held a certain way) Now i am in need of a new gaming headset because i am now sick of my samsung earbuds and want some nicer quality ones. i have narrowed down my decision to two headsets, but i am still open for other suggestions.

1. HyperX clouds - $120 AUD 

http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=615732

2. Logitech G430 - $100 AUD at Jb-Hi-Fi (i have a $200 gift card from Christmas for this store so thats why i'm getting it there)

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/gaming-headset/logitech-g430-digital-gaming-headset/319316/

I don't really want to spend much more than this because i will be buying my gaming PC soon. 

The HyperX's are very highly regarded across the internet and they do seem very nice but they lack surround sound which is meant to be important for gaming and make "a better experience" and such. The g430's have got 7.1 surround sound though and are less expensive but they don't seem to be as high quality in the feel/ergonomics side of things.

could i get some opinions please?

Hyper X Cloud.

I have a pair. They are your best bet for ~100$.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Clouds for sure.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Check out the Skullcandy SLYR, it's actually one of the few headsets I would recommend, and it has a really good mic on it.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Clouds 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Or just wait a month for the HyperX Cloud II that are coming in Feb and have hardware driven virtual 7.1 surround or can be used with out the 7.1 if you decide that is better and still get the better sound of HyperX vs Logitech.

@Spookshow ok but whats the pricing expected to be like compared to the current HyperX? thanks for telling me about these

It's supposed to be the same.