Asus Rampage III Extreme POST Problem

edschofield15

Hi

I'm having a problem with my new asus rampage iii extreme.

when i turn it on it will start to go through the post procedures, first it will light up the CPU light, then the ram light, then the vga light(now the cpu fan ramps up to full speed), them the boot device light, then it gives a beep through the speaker. then the screen comes on and it will freeze at the point that it shows how much ram is installed and wont go any further. I have tried using each indevidual stick on its own and having them all in together, I've tried reseating the video card and changing which bios im booting from. I'm at a loss of what to do next.

CPU: i7 950

MB: Rampage III extreme

RAM: 3x2gb Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHz 8-8-8-24

Video card: Saphire Radeon HD 3450

K955W0n.jpg

AYSyNlC.jpg

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

Ive exactlly the same board , did the same thing but came up with USB overcurrent status error. Reset machine twice then never booted up at all. Now its in for repair, ive been withought a computer now for 4 weeks and its killing me. Sorry cant help you with your problem but Im just wondering if this great spec`d motherboard is not all that its cracked up to be.

Ive exactlly the same board , did the same thing but came up with USB overcurrent status error. Reset machine twice then never booted up at all. Now its in for repair, ive been withought a computer now for 4 weeks and its killing me. Sorry cant help you with your problem but Im just wondering if this great spec`d motherboard is not all that its cracked up to be.

After all the troubleshooting I've done with this one today I think I'm coming to terms with having to send mine in for repair.

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X