Watercooling

Hi,

as planned and purchased i have gotten and Corsair Obsidian 750D and an EVGA 750 G2 PSU, as anyone else would be im super pumped for the parts to arrive.......... YIPPE

now i have thought of an AIO Watercooler and prices around $80-$300 AUD which is alright, when i look at custom watercooling its about $400 max is my personal preference, 

i have an

AMD A10-7850k 5.2 Ghz Currently runs under max load around 70-90Celsius as its an APU no definite answer there

2133Mhz 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

A88M-PLUS A88X chipset motherboard

2x R9 270x Will defiantly crossfire

YEAH YEAH not the best build in the world but hey i love it, so please no hate with saying it's not worth it blah blah as that's really a kick in the gutt as i am a 17 Year old Exploring Computers and don't have a $60K Annual Job and as im Casual pay varies average pay is 170+ with tax taken out, its taken me a few months to get what i have now due to other expenses etc

Really i have an unlimited budget atm as i have saved over 4K which is not bad IMHO

Here's a plan of what i would like to do, ahah best photoshop skills by moi jks took me about 7 mins to scratch this up so laugh all you want, pretty dodgy ahah

rVt7U24.jpg

my plan is to have 

XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm

EK Supremacy EVO Blue Edition CPU Waterblock

XSPC G1/4 Black Chrome 7/16 Compression Fitting V2

Unsure as what fluid to get maybe a Yellow colored fluid

future plan is to get waterblocks for my 2x GPU's yes its not worth it for the price but im more in it for the experience rather than Price/Performance

or i could opt out for an All in one kit like

Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 240 D5/ST Watercooling Kit

please tell me what any of you guys think, any comment is greatly appreciated 

Loving the MSpaint mockup you did :)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Loving the MSpaint mockup you did :)

Actually Photoshop :P but hey Photoshop is easier to use IMO

Yes, it's fine.

But if u wanna watercool 2 graphics cards, it's better to remove the front hard drive cage and place here another 280 or 240 mm rad.

This is just to make sure u'll have enough room to overclock and keep ur system cool and quiet (a bit quieter).

Yes, it's fine.

But if u wanna watercool 2 graphics cards, it's better to remove the front hard drive cage and place here another 280 or 240 mm rad.

This is just to make sure u'll have enough room to overclock and keep ur system cool and quiet (a bit quieter).

Cheers man

Just another question, my Room can get pretty hot even without my PC turned on does having the radiator and fans cool the liquid down much at all? so like if my room was 30Celsius would my CPU be running at 39 Celsius 

Yes, it's fine.

sorry stuffed up the quote 

Cheers man

Just another question, my Room can get pretty hot even without my PC turned on does having the radiator and fans cool the liquid down much at all? so like if my room was 30Celsius would my CPU be running at 39 Celsius 

It's ok - my room temp is now 27 C and watercooled system is running at: cpu - 32 C, gpu - 33 C. Yes, it depends on room temp, but mostly it will run 3-4 degrees higher (as for me).

Anyways, it should not raise up to 40 C.

If it does, u can put the radi outside of the case (if u have a holes for tubing) and it gonna drop a little bit. But don't get it lower that room temp :D (it will just result in condenced water on your parts, which will shorten the mobo).

270mm res may not fit their

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

then 

270mm res may not fit their

170 then?

then 

170 then?

Just take a look at spec and check it out with a ruller.

Or u didn't get this case yet?

Just take a look at spec and check it out with a ruller.

Or u didn't get this case yet?

oh, sorry didn't specify in OP.

Yes the case and PSU are currently in the post (who knows where and when it will arrive)

oh, sorry didn't specify in OP.

Yes the case and PSU are currently in the post (who knows where and when it will arrive)

It's better not to hurry and check everything properly.

If you want to buy wc parts right now, then you can go separate pump and bay res.

It's better not to hurry and check everything properly.

If you want to buy wc parts right now, then you can go separate pump and bay res.

yeah, i just like preparing etc,

Barrow a good brand for res?

i might get a Barrow Obsidian 65mm ??

yeah, i just like preparing etc,

Barrow a good brand for res?

i might get a Barrow Obsidian 65mm ??

Idk, never used this before. I usually use micro res or bay res.

But it looks fine.

Idk, never used this before. I usually use micro res or bay res.

But it looks fine.

also man..........

How do i choose a right cooling solution etc?

like the more money you spend on coolant the more results and performance you get, and just wondering can you use just any old car cooling fluid thought not as some are oil based but it would be a nice concept

and do i need to add in some chemicals to stop it from going moldy etc?

also man..........

How do i choose a right cooling solution etc?

like the more money you spend on coolant the more results and performance you get, and just wondering can you use just any old car cooling fluid thought not as some are oil based but it would be a nice concept

and do i need to add in some chemicals to stop it from going moldy etc?

You can buy distilled water in pharmacy or in car shop (first one is better), it's gonna cost about 0.15-0.20$ per liter (or more, idk).

Then, this is important to add a kill coil (silver spiral) into your res and/or biocide into water. Also don't forget about anti corrosive adds.

It all can be bought at frozencpu or ebay.

If u want colour - add some dyes.

You can buy distilled water in pharmacy or in car shop (first one is better), it's gonna cost about 0.15-0.20$ per liter (or more, idk).

Then, this is important to add a kill coil (silver spiral) into your res and/or biocide into water. Also don't forget about anti corrosive adds.

It all can be bought at frozencpu or ebay.

If u want colour - add some dyes.

as your the only one whose replying on my thread thank you so much

https://imgur.com/gallery/Bf4W2

you seem pro to me, do you think you would know what RAD and Pump this guy is using, same chassis as me to....

as your the only one whose replying on my thread thank you so much

https://imgur.com/gallery/Bf4W2

you seem pro to me, do you think you would know what RAD and Pump this guy is using, same chassis as me to....

Idk.

I use laing pump (D5T) and swiftech rads.

You can simply go for one of xspc kits, they are fine.

Idk.

I use laing pump (D5T) and swiftech rads.

You can simply go for one of xspc kits, they are fine.

cheers man

i have a list and im thinking on

EK Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock

XSPC EX240 Radiator

XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo  or smaller if to big

Alphacool AlphaTube UV Transparent Blue 3/8ID 1/2OD 3m

EK Ekoolant UV Blue Premix 1000mL Coolant

PCCG 99.9% Pure Silver Coil

now im stuck on the fittings for the tubing i was thinking 

XSPC G1/4 Black Chrome 7/16 Compression Fitting V2 which it's OD is 5/8 while the tubing is 3/8 which means it wont fit right?

sorry im really new to this

Hi,

as planned and purchased i have gotten and Corsair Obsidian 750D and an EVGA 750 G2 PSU, as anyone else would be im super pumped for the parts to arrive.......... YIPPE

now i have thought of an AIO Watercooler and prices around $80-$300 AUD which is alright, when i look at custom watercooling its about $400 max is my personal preference, 

i have an

AMD A10-7850k 5.2 Ghz Currently runs under max load around 70-90Celsius as its an APU no definite answer there

2133Mhz 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM

A88M-PLUS A88X chipset motherboard

2x R9 270x Will defiantly crossfire

my plan is to have 

EK Supremacy EVO Blue Edition CPU Waterblock

Unsure as what fluid to get maybe a Yellow colored fluid

please tell me what any of you guys think, any comment is greatly appreciated 

You say you want to use yellow as the coolant colour but you plan on getting a Blue cpu water block.

you need to make your colour selection prior to installing any components and try to stay with a colour scheme that matches the entire system. 

cheers man

i have a list and im thinking on

EK Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock

XSPC EX240 Radiator

XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo  or smaller if to big

Alphacool AlphaTube UV Transparent Blue 3/8ID 1/2OD 3m

EK Ekoolant UV Blue Premix 1000mL Coolant

PCCG 99.9% Pure Silver Coil

now im stuck on the fittings for the tubing i was thinking 

XSPC G1/4 Black Chrome 7/16 Compression Fitting V2 which it's OD is 5/8 while the tubing is 3/8 which means it wont fit right?

sorry im really new to this

One 240 rad is not enough, u might wanna get one 240 or 360.

Choosing fittings is not so hard: tubing's ID will be fitting's OD.

Also, use clean distilled water with biocide, kill coil in res and anti corrosive adds.

This is a very basics, u need to check this thread.

You say you want to use yellow as the coolant colour but you plan on getting a Blue cpu water block.

you need to make your colour selection prior to installing any components and try to stay with a colour scheme that matches the entire system. 

im unsure about the colour as i have blue LED lights in my current pc Case and will transfer them over to the 750D but on my GPU it has large writing saying "SAPPHIRE" in yellow and my MOBO PCB is a Black and my SATA and other ports are yello (gold) if i get yellow and i don't like it ill just buy blue etc but i have decided on the clear EK CPU block

im unsure about the colour as i have blue LED lights in my current pc Case and will transfer them over to the 750D but on my GPU it has large writing saying "SAPPHIRE" in yellow and my MOBO PCB is a Black and my SATA and other ports are yello (gold) if i get yellow and i don't like it ill just buy blue etc but i have decided on the clear EK CPU block

As far as this is your first build, just make it working without any leaks and issues.

Just replace led with yellow, take yellow tubing, put waterblock on gpu an this is fine.

It's better not to use colored liquids.

As far as this is your first build, just make it working without any leaks and issues.

Just replace led with yellow, take yellow tubing, put waterblock on gpu an this is fine.

It's better not to use colored liquids.

okay fair enough, ill just go down to my local shop and get distilled water,

where can i get a biocide and anti corrosive adds as i live in Australia im unsure if we even supply this

okay fair enough, ill just go down to my local shop and get distilled water,

where can i get a biocide and anti corrosive adds as i live in Australia im unsure if we even supply this

Idk, it's up to you now.

Order at any wc parts shop, such as frozencpu i.e. They deliver it all over the world.