This is why you have to understand physics / computer before stating opinion about audio

xtroria

Didn't you know mp3's lose quality over time on hard drives? That's why they're called a lossy format. Prohibit yourself from defragging your PC for maximum audio quality over time.

Didn't you know mp3's lose quality over time on hard drives? That's why they're called a lossy format. Prohibit yourself from defragging your PC for maximum audio quality over time.

I store my hdd in the freezer when I am not listening to music to help maintain the quality of my mp3.  I also rip them to 92Kb because the bits are bigger and don't degrade as fast.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

surely there is a law against this sort of thing, doesn't it come under fraud or something?  What ever loophole they are using it needs to be closed.

Well, part of it is the capitalism world and 'way of life'. Another part, sadly, I'd say it's the average consumer's 'stupidity'. I mean come on, they're selling stuffs, of course they gonna advertise it as high as the moon. It's the consumer's decision to be eaten by it or not. It's like those AXE ads, where they spray it on, and all supermodel women stick to the guy like glue. 

Not saying the companies are not at fault, of course. They're smart enough to restrict their activities in the 'grey area' of actual laws. But then again, if the loopholes are to be closed entirely, all the advertising world will come crumbling down. 

*fun trivia: there was a news about a guy in India sue-ing AXE. He used AXE for 2 years, and claiming he never gotten the 'AXE effect'. Unbelievably, I think he actually won....

*fun trivia: there was a news about a guy in India sue-ing AXE. He used AXE for 2 years, and claiming he never gotten the 'AXE effect'. Unbelievably, I think he actually won....

As he should have,  I love watching companies get bit by their own advertising, no matter how trivial.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I literally believe that if you're stupid enough to fall for marketing BS then you deserve what you get (or don't get).

That doesn't mean people shouldn't try to expose the BS as we so often do, just that if you don't use the internet for a smidgen of research it's your own fault.

I got a stash of EMI reducing rocks. Bargain for $25/pc, PM me if you want some. The people in this thread don't know what they're talking about, don't believe them.