Need Confirmation: ASUS Formula VII Zero-Fan curve

airdeano

Z87 AI fan xpert has no zero-rpm fan and my speed fan is really glitchy

(sometimes works sometimes doesn't - AI3 is uninstalled).

so looking to use the Z97 Fan XPert 3 with zero-rpm fan curve.

how well does it work with PWM fans?

all the time?

sometimes?

occassionally?

couldn't get it to work?

has anyone used this new AI3 for the Z97 platform, yet?

I can set a Zero RPM fan curve on my Z87 Sabertooth Board with all my including my CPU fans.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I can set a Zero RPM fan curve on my Z87 Sabertooth Board with all my including my CPU fans.

wow, my extreme, gene6 or hero6 will not go zero (30% is lowest). reason i

moved to speedfan.

I have the motherboard you mentioned in the title, and (for me) zero RPM fan mode only works with DC output the fans. It doesn't work with PWM.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

You click "Auto-fan stop"? That lets the fan turn off in fan xpert 2. Am assuming you using FXP2 since you mention Z87.

This instruction set may be helpful to you:

"C:\ProgramData\ASUS\FanXpert\FanCalibrationData.xml

Locate the CPU Fan data and modify to sane values. My calibration data had max fan setting (2200 rpm) for 0%, I adjusted this to a more sane value (670 rpm). Also the values below needed adjustment, I used the settings below (your mileage may vary):

<maxdutytokeepstill>20</maxdutytokeepstill>
<mindutytokeepruning>20</mindutytokeepruning>
<rpmofmaxdutytokeepstill>0</rpmofmaxdutytokeepstill>
<rpmofmindutytokeepruning>670</rpmofmindutytokeepruning>

Then you need to restart the ASUS fan service and also restart AI suite (or simply reboot the machine). The preset curves from ASUS (Silent, Standard and Turbo) was also not properly configured after auto-tuning, so you just need to configure a proper curve for yourself in the GUI (no need to modify the XML files for the fan curves)"

I got this from some site a while back.

Some notes about this.
Use notepad to edit the files and save

"fan key" refers to the location that correlates to the one in fan xpert eg 0=cpu fan, fan  key 1=chassis fan 1 etc

To manually set the possibility to have the fan be at 0% edit:
        <maxdutytokeepstill>TY</maxdutytokeepstill>
        <mindutytokeepruning>ZX</mindutytokeepruning>

to 0

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G